X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arturia Mini-Moog V Demo

Arturia Mini Moog Demo
    Originally posted by kilphody
    There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Re: Arturia Mini-Moog V Demo

Sounds pretty good

Comment

now updated...with a beat

Comment

I've got this software and I dont think you really did much to showcase what it can do to be perfectly honest.

I really do love Arturia's Arp 2600 though. that thing is just sick in terms of modulation and full rack modular madness

GeForce has a minimoog thats worth checking out as well, probalby the warmest and most organic sounding VST I've played
        -Burny Randy Rhoads LP Custom- C5/59 Hybrid Bridge/Fernades Vh-1 PAF neck
        -Epi Goldtop - Custom Shop Mike Ness p90's
        -Epi Masterbilt AJ500R rosewood
        -Fender Classic Player 60's strat CS 69'

-Gretsch Black Phoenix - TV Jones Classics
        -Danelectro Dano Pro Baritone

Comment

I have a Steinberg mini moog vst and it was the first moog vst many years ago, in hindsight it sucks. Soft synths really sound good now.
          Pulse 2AM - YouTube
          Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by millsart View Post
            I've got this software and I dont think you really did much to showcase what it can do to be perfectly honest.

I really do love Arturia's Arp 2600 though. that thing is just sick in terms of modulation and full rack modular madness

GeForce has a minimoog thats worth checking out as well, probalby the warmest and most organic sounding VST I've played

you know what? you are absolutely right. I just kinda made a clip and called it a demo.

I'll mess with it some more.

Comment

That is Millsart for you...always a shining ray of pure happiness

Comment

Originally posted by Rid View Post
                That is Millsart for you...always a shining ray of pure happiness

Wasn't meant to be negative or disrespectful, just that I got the impression he made the clip to show what the software can do, as he called it a demo and provided a link to the products homepage.

Having that software myself, and knowing it is in fact a really excellent sounding synth, I think that if you want to show it off, theres a wide range of sounds it can product and the "demo" wasn't a good representative of it.

If you like the Moog by the way, also check out Korg's MS20 VST, its a little older but its one very distinct and great sounding VST.

Actually one of my favorites for bass and cutting leads as it sounds a bit different than the rather common Moog basses sounds. Its got a cool archietecture that allows for both LPF and HPF filters at the same time and some excellent modulation paths.

I remember that Steinberg one by the way, Model-E, About 6 years ago I thought it was pretty cool but yeah, by todays standards is awful.

A few of the older ones still sound pretty cool to this day like Absynth or FM7, even the very old NI Prophet53 isn't half bad.

VST technology has certainly come a long long way though from crude PCM sample playback devices like the Roland jp8000 and similar

Comment

I remember that Steinberg one by the way, Model-E, About 6 years ago I thought it was pretty cool but yeah, by todays standards is awful.
                  That's the one. I still use it once in a great while with a lot of effects on it to help it out.
                  Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                  Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Thats cool. nice beats. sounds like computer game music.

Reminds me of music i hear when a little utility comes up to generate a CD key. LOL!!
                    my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
                    A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

thanks guys, I'm getting a M-audio Axiom 25 to run this thing on (I think?). I didn't just buy it for this reason so I'll see what cool stuff I can do with this in my new band

Comment

The Axiom's a great controller, I've got the 61 key version and love it

I'd suggest spending a few bucks more for at least 49 keys though. 25 is really annoying as your always having to transpose things up and down

Its a little confusing at first to get into but you can really do some cool stuff with that KB and a DAW

all your transport controls right from the keyboard as well as assigning track faders

and then you can have the drum pads set to one channel, and the keys to another etc

Those pads are great though for playing some beats, so much easier than using the keys

What else is nice is you can save all your setups, so you can make one preset for recording and tracking, and then another for synths etc

Hands down the best bang for the buck on market, though that Akai one looks pretty sweet as well but its $499 so a bit to epxensive for me

Comment

Working...
                        X