Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 more...hopefully with better vocals

From the same night.

I am hopeful we can do a better recording this weekend..we are playing a smaller venue and maybe can mic placement won't be an issue.

Originally posted by tone4days
    we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Re: 2 more...hopefully with better vocals

cool - i luv that SRV tune ... always gets em up and dancin' ... your tone is happenin', joe ... touch of compression i hear? or a recording artifact? ... great crunch for sure

t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

I like your tone man! The voice is cool too! Would like to be there heheh.
      www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

almost everything about the second one i like better, except that the drums and bass aren't as audible as the first version*argh* sounds great though! and i love that song
        Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
        ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

I was wonderin how your guitar playin sounded. Pretty cool cover band stuff. One of my fav cover bands has a long set list, and lets it be open mic night for anyone that wants to step up. Sounds like some rockin boogie music fo sho

Comment

Your style is just like I have imagined Joe. I love it ,very rock n roll, reminds me of someone you know Hows the Boogie working out for you?

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
              cool - i luv that SRV tune ... always gets em up and dancin' ... your tone is happenin', joe ... touch of compression i hear? or a recording artifact? ... great crunch for sure

t4d
              Bill... I haven't owned a compressor for 10 years or better. The amp does compress a bit, but I imagine it was a recording issue.

Originally posted by daemon barbeque View Post
              I like your tone man! The voice is cool too! Would like to be there heheh.
              Thanks for the compliment. The vocal was courtesy of our keyboard player...he is a very schooled singer and quite versatile.

If I was on the board at AIG... I would send ya a plane ticket so you could come see us.

Originally posted by super rad ska View Post
              almost everything about the second one i like better, except that the drums and bass aren't as audible as the first version*argh* sounds great though! and i love that song
              The audience digs it...always seems to get the couples out for a belly rub.

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
              I was wonderin how your guitar playin sounded. Pretty cool cover band stuff. One of my fav cover bands has a long set list, and lets it be open mic night for anyone that wants to step up. Sounds like some rockin boogie music fo sho
              Thanks...We have quite a big set list...depending on the age of our crowd we might play a punk tune or Mack the Knife.....scary stuff!

Originally posted by kjrocks View Post
              Your style is just like I have imagined Joe. I love it ,very rock n roll, reminds me of someone you know Hows the Boogie working out for you?
              Thanks Garrett! The Boggie is just what the doctor ordered.....it is loud enough, sound good and the most important...it is responsive. The tube rectifier really makes the note bloom and sustain...very sweet amp kind of an old Fender flavor which takes pedals well.

I got another Crunch Box and my higher gain tone is a lot better than with the OCD....more clean and defined.

I picked up a Dano TOD and it is great! I want to get some clips up with it and the CB....I will try to record this weekend. I will have to buy a Timmy when I have the cash.
              Originally posted by tone4days
              we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

I'm really liking what I hear, Joe! Nice bend work on Wonderful Tonight, and a very suitable tone for it. The SRV-tune is really moving. Great crunch, and the solo after the two-minute mark just takes off -- great stuff!
                My Soundclick

Comment

Working...
                X