"The Underground (You're The Magic One)"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Underground (You're The Magic One)"

Couldn't decide on a title, so two names.

"The Underground (You're The Magic One)"

Sure wish I had a guitar for this one, I'll get to it when the recession's over...
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Re: "The Underground (You're The Magic One)"

Gah my internet connection is going really slow, I'll get to this later! The little I heard makes me think it should be in a dark, futuristic movie - Blade Runner type thing.

http://www.myspace.com/marchofalaric

Comment

Yeah.....could easily hear this working for some scifi movie, animated or normal.
      Love that flavour of 80s and early 90s New wave sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid View Post
        Yeah.....could easily hear this working for some scifi movie, animated or normal.
        Love that flavour of 80s and early 90s New wave sound.
        That's a good thought, maybe I'll pitch it to some music supervisors.

Thanks guys!
        Pulse 2AM - YouTube
        Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

I dig most of your stuff, this one is no exception. I like the level of complexity - key changes etc. here is my few minor points...

There is a couple moments where I thought vocals sounded pitchy and not just vocal inflections to show feelings. "its calling FROM" (the from lyric). its different NOW, its different NOW" IN the underground (last vocal phrase). for the keys the oscilations/wah make the main 3 descending notes sound muted/pitchy or not that bold; I know its in perfect pitch cause its a synth but you might want a more bold sound there.

Sounds really good as is...

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
            I dig most of your stuff, this one is no exception. I like the level of complexity - key changes etc. here is my few minor points...

There is a couple moments where I thought vocals sounded pitchy and not just vocal inflections to show feelings. "its calling FROM" (the from lyric). its different NOW, its different NOW" IN the underground (last vocal phrase). for the keys the oscilations/wah make the main 3 descending notes sound muted/pitchy or not that bold; I know its in perfect pitch cause its a synth but you might want a more bold sound there.

Sounds really good as is...
            Thanks for the input man, always good to hear.

I tune the vocals with Melodyne so I'm pretty sure they're all within an acceptable range. I can re-check that line though so thanks.
            Last edited by innerdreamrecords.co; 03-27-2009, 10:26 AM.
            Pulse 2AM - YouTube
            Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

right on, grain of salt for sure, just nitpicking from my perspective is all. I did not like rhyming "sound from the underground" - humpty hump uses this lyric in his digital underground raps; I dont like to many references to music in lyrics, or too many rhyming lyrics (granted I may be a hypocrite on many levels). I like this forum for songwriting, there are definitely some gurus there with good suggestions and work.

Comment

right on, grain of salt for sure, just nitpicking from my perspective is all. I did not like rhyming "sound from the underground" - humpty hump uses this lyric in his digital underground raps; I dont like to many references to music in lyrics, or too many rhyming lyrics (granted I may be a hypocrite on many levels). I like this forum for songwriting, there are definitely some gurus there with good suggestions and work.
                There's always a danger of over analyzing things imo. We're musicians so we do that.

I use to work with a singer from the Boston Symphony Orchestra, she was by far the most gifted and talented artist I have ever met. I would ask her technical questions and she would respond "how does it make you feel?" I think she's right. How does it make you feel should be the primary focus.
                Last edited by innerdreamrecords.co; 03-27-2009, 11:30 AM.
                Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

I like that, I have alot to learn, Im glad you take stuff with a grain of salt and separate the wheat from the chaff, Im definitely a n00b on many levels and just found out about Melodyne last night so suddenly my comments may have become pretty biased. I may not have that much to offer in the way of constructive criticism for stuff that is already pretty darn good. Awesome song, keep it up.

Comment

I like that, I have alot to learn, Im glad you take stuff with a grain of salt and separate the wheat from the chaff, Im definitely a n00b on many levels and just found out about Melodyne last night so suddenly my comments may have become pretty biased. I may not have that much to offer in the way of constructive criticism for stuff that is already pretty darn good. Awesome song, keep it up.
                    I have learned to listen to everyone, I may not agree but I've been wrong many times so it pays to hear people out. Keep your critiques coming.
                    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Updated with backing vocals and a little more aggressive vocal mix. I have such a crap mic right now...sigh...recession blues.

The Underground
                      Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                      Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Working...
                      X