Acoustic Practise>>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic Practise>>

After my first guitar lesson last wednesday i really wanted to get that stuf down from what my teacher had given me so i though i'd try the method of practising the stuff on acoustic, so ive been playing pretty much only acoustic since thursday and lemme tell you! By sunday I was relly feeling a huge boost in my technique, I wasn't anywhere near as sloppy at speed anymore and could play much faster with perfect clarity, The rate i started improving you could say went up exponentially !!!!!

So i challange anyone who wants to improve their technique in a much more efficient way then give an acoustic a go for at least a week..While practising on it you cannot ignore that note that you just kept missing on the electric because on the acoustic it just wont show up at all, It really lets you hear how your actually playing and will show you where you gotta focus on too..

After this playing the electric is just a breeze, my hand strenght is much greater now too which also gives me better clarity and articulation.. I wish i had have realised this sooner

So at least give it a go...
    Marshall JVM 410C
    Mesa Boogie DC-3
    ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
    1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
    2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
    2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
    1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
    2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
    1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Re: Acoustic Practise>>

Damn it the secrets out!

Who blew the whistle
    My clips

Originally posted by Rid
    How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

yep, that acoustic will let you know what you've missed...

I also find once it's plugged in live is different again.... it's like learning to play all over again....

Comment

Originally posted by nuntius
        Damn it the secrets out!
        Who blew the whistle
        Nuntius gave me this very tip a while ago - unfortunately, due to the expense of buying a new bed I haven't been able to afford the acoustic I want - should be able to get one in the next couple of months though, when I'll be putting it into practice

Comment

Lol. I just use my mothers old acoustic, it sounds really great but the actions quiet high, which is all the better for acoustic practise..
          Marshall JVM 410C
          Mesa Boogie DC-3
          ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
          1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
          2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
          2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
          1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
          2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
          1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Working...
          X