My first ever electronic song.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first ever electronic song.

As some of you may know, over the past few months I've been playing with synths, trying to make some kind of music OTHER than punk rock for once in my life. And if you didn't know I was doing that...well, now you do.

Anyway, I just finished my first ever electronic/techno/whatever song the other day, and here it is. Since it's my first time to do this sort of the thing, obviously I kept it somewhat simple, as to not overbear myself with technology and instruments I'm still not really familiar with. So the drum patterns, the melodies, and the production values are quite simplistic. I'm happy I was able to do some cool keyboard stuff, but obviously 10 years of guitar trump a few months of synthesizers in terms of skill.

You can check it out where I upload my bedroom demos on myspace: www.myspace.com/jakerawls
    It's called "Experiment #1" ....you can guess why I called it that.

Tell me what you think.
    Facebook - My facebook page
    Kemo For Emo - My band. Now verified on Facebook & Spotify!

Re: My first ever electronic song.

Oh, and this song was written entirely on a KORG DS-10

Comment

I like electronic music and I listened to your tune, mainly because it was your first attemp to make such a song. I'm interested in how people manage to make music they have no real experience with. You want to hear the truth I guess The song sounds a bit harsh and trashy, lacking depth in my opinion. But it has a melodic potential. As you said, that's your first electronic song. So go ahead.

Comment

....man rootsy Techno....that was kinda cool!
        Almost like old Kraftwerk at some places.

Comment

Originally posted by kaligula11 View Post
          I like electronic music and I listened to your tune, mainly because it was your first attemp to make such a song. I'm interested in how people manage to make music they have no real experience with. You want to hear the truth I guess The song sounds a bit harsh and trashy, lacking depth in my opinion. But it has a melodic potential. As you said, that's your first electronic song. So go ahead.

Like I said, this is still quite uncharted territory for me, and I don't know d!ck about production values in terms of making it less harsh and whatnot, so the harshness is to be expected, for now at least. Thanks for listening.

Originally posted by Rid View Post
          ....man rootsy Techno....that was kinda cool!
          Almost like old Kraftwerk at some places.

Thanks! To be 100% honest there's so many genres/subgenres for this kind of music I didn't really know what to classify it as. I dig Kraftwerk, so I appreciate being compared to stuff that influences me.

Comment

Working...
          X