Tone opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tone opinions

It's a bit thin for the brown sound and has a bit more spiky gain to it. I might stick with the singles and just kick in an EQ before playing this one, set to take some of the high mid out and fatten the low mid.

Still a good tone, and your playing is great, but I would like to hear the fattness more.

Harmonies are pretty good, too!
    - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
    Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
    The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

I like that sound...sometimes fat is just too lazy to use!
      Lean and direct...Eddies old sound was also pretty lean and very direct!

Comment

I like the tone as it is. It sounds like you are comfortable with the PU ,since you have good controle over the tone. Keep it man ,it's very cool!
        www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Originally posted by bungalowbill View Post
          I really don't want to lose the sound of the bridge and middle pup together...I am going to keep what I have and let the heavier tones suffer a bit since I don't use them as much.
          Then I think the only thing left to do is buy another guitar to add to your arsenal.

Comment

dig it. would like to hear more distortion on the bass though to back ya up a bit, but maybe he don't like distortion on his bass. production reminds me of REO's riding the storm out album.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
              dig it. would like to hear more distortion on the bass though to back ya up a bit, but maybe he don't like distortion on his bass. production reminds me of REO's riding the storm out album.
              The production of this recording was 2 mics about 15 feet in front of the main cabs, direct into a cassette deck.

I guess REO could have had a similar setup.
              Originally posted by tone4days
              we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

Originally posted by bungalowbill View Post
                The production of this recording was 2 mics about 15 feet in front of the main cabs, direct into a cassette deck.

I guess REO could have had a similar setup.
                dang, sounds good for 15 feet away!

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                  dang, sounds good for 15 feet away!
                  Live at a gig, no less.
                  Originally posted by tone4days
                  we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

The fills in the verses scream just as well as the VH version, and besides, there are too many people trying to sound just like EVH. It's good as-is.

However, I think a flanger or phaser would be fun for the solo, but it's by no means suffering without it.
                    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I once worked with a dude who made the following arguement:

The best way to record true 3D sound (you know, where you can hear someone coughing behind you and to the right) during a live concert is with a fake dummy head with ears, with a mic in each ear.

The premise being, the slight delay between left/right ear or right/left (depending on sound source position) would be best captured with the setup described above.

I have heard his live recordings, mostly with bluegrass/blues type music, but I must admit, with headphones on, you would swear that you were there.

You can almost close your eyes, and reach out and touch the instruments in question.

Makes sense to me.

Someone should patent it, actually.

LOL

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                      --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                      X