I call this "Slap me Back"......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I call this "Slap me Back"......

I figured out that my 1987 DD-3 sounds really awesome when set as a slapback kind of thing.

Again... just a little blues noodle I call Slap me Back because I slap the stings and the amp Slaps me Back. ;-)

LINK

PS... I forgot to cut the song off at the end when I quit playing the song and just kinda disolved out. Maybe some day I will grow out of that sloppiness. Just not tonight. ;-)
    Last edited by B Bent; 05-09-2009, 08:39 PM.
    I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Re: I call this "Slap me Back"......

Sounds pretty cool, although I'm not so keen on that slapback thing. It'd be interesting to hear without that effect.
    Really catchy riffage though.

http://www.myspace.com/marchofalaric

Comment

That cool Bent
      It is also rather good for long delays
      But man it is a sweet slapback you got there!

Comment

Good playing! Cool tune.
        My Soundclick

Comment

Great tone, man. The stereo phasing on the hihats is enough to make me effin puke, though.

Seriously, never do that again.

I am def. enjoying the rockin' tele tone. Is that the Vibrolux?
          -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Sounds good man... great tone... I agree with ^... I'd kill the stereo panning / phaser whatever on the cymbals... it's a bit overwhelming

www.guardiancustoms.com

Comment

super tasty licks in this one. nyam nyam

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
                Great tone, man. The stereo phasing on the hihats is enough to make me effin puke, though.

Seriously, never do that again.

I am def. enjoying the rockin' tele tone. Is that the Vibrolux?
                Not a tele ;-).. That would be the yamaha TVL. My "Tele" is being built right now.

Originally posted by andrizzle View Post
                Sounds good man... great tone... I agree with ^... I'd kill the stereo panning / phaser whatever on the cymbals... it's a bit overwhelming
                The drums are just a Garage Band loop. I just like the beat and didnt really care about the phase, but I agree it is over the top.

I almost didnt post this because I didnt think it was very good. I absolutely cant record a DARN thing that I practice. I am too up tight under the mic. If I hit record and then noodle it seems to come out better.

PS Andrew.... I found out that the DD-3 is AWESOME as slapback when we were playing those twangy songs the other night at that dude's house. I have that jam session to thank for this new found love.
                Last edited by B Bent; 05-11-2009, 08:22 AM.

Comment

PS... I JUST listened again and I agree about the phasing on the drums. That's all I haer now. I will go in tonight and pull those down some.

I still like the drive and beat, but that phase is YIKERS!! Thanks guys.

Comment

Phasers set to stun!

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
                      The stereo phasing on the hihats is enough to make me effin puke, though.
                      Originally posted by andrizzle View Post
                      ^... I'd kill the stereo panning / phaser whatever on the cymbals... it's a bit overwhelming
                      Agreed- the phasing (and I love phasing) is over the top

Greg, I think thats first time I've heard you play?? I don't recall. Nice chops bro!
                      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
                        Agreed- the phasing (and I love phasing) is over the top

Greg, I think thats first time I've heard you play?? I don't recall. Nice chops bro!
                        I have just recently started recording. there are two other songs I posted her this month as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X