What's a good drum program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good drum program?

I'm hoping to find one that's quite easy to use as well as being flexible to changing time signatures during songs. I do have garage band, although it does have loops, creating your own drums it's quite painstaking, wondering if there was something easier

Re: What's a good drum program?

I use BFD. Great sounds and pretty easy to use. You can program your own beats or use pre made beats to get some inspiration.

Comment

I like ezd - like any midi drum thingy, you just change the time in your DAW.

fruity loops was fun, but the one I had didn't seem to be able to change time within a song; they've probably worked that bug out by now.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
        I like ezd - like any midi drum thingy, you just change the time in your DAW.

fruity loops was fun, but the one I had didn't seem to be able to change time within a song; they've probably worked that bug out by now.
        With ezd I'm assuming you can then import that into garageband? I'm also using a mac so compatible applications only would be appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by apj View Post
          With ezd I'm assuming you can then import that into garageband? I'm also using a mac so compatible applications only would be appreciated
          I think Addictive Drums is worth a look too.
          Pulse 2AM - YouTube
          Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

EZD is great, especially the other plugins like DKFH, Cocktail and what not.

Also has pre-made tracks that you can pull up and edit to add other drums/sounds. Cubase works with it, anything that loads VSTi's work with it. I got it a few weeks ago and have been having a ball.
            Originally posted by Funkfingers
            Soooooooooooo, You've obviously never encountered SlayerSlaughter.

Comment

Originally posted by apj View Post
              yeah, the only downfall is GBs midi editor ain't too fun to work with, but maybe I wasn't doing something right. once I began using it with logic (express) I never went back to GB, and found it much easier to program/edit hits.

Comment

Working...
              X