banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did you realize your playing sucks?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When did you realize your playing sucks?!?!

you guys ever do that trick where you turn your guitar upside down and go from right hand playing to left? (or, vice versa, if you're a lefty). It's a cool way to see how far you've come, and makes you remember first picking up a guitar how hard it was.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
      you guys ever do that trick where you turn your guitar upside down and go from right hand playing to left? (or, vice versa, if you're a lefty). It's a cool way to see how far you've come, and makes you remember first picking up a guitar how hard it was.
      i do that sometimes! makes me feel like a bastard elitist though....
      Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
      ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
        I have always known that my playing sucks, but it's not so noticable unless there's a guitar in my hand.
        Funny. This is almost word for word what I was going to say.
        "If I wasn’t a musician, I’d probably play the drums." - Clay Cook

Comment

Everytime I think too much and don't let the feel get involved in my playing...then it sucks
          Originally posted by Guitarist
          Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
          http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

I don't know when I first realized it, but I am rudely reminded of it every time I pick up the guitar and start to play! It's getting kinda old after 30 years...
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

It's not that my playing sucks, it is my effort that sucks. I believe I have some potential, but I just play computer games most of the time. Sometimes I do not practice for an entire week. It's from band rehersal to band rehersal, or from gig to gig. This has been going on for ages. I am a game junkie.

Also whenever I am playing: i am perfectly aware of every little imperfection that I am having in each phrase or passage. So it's not like I do not know my mistakes. It's just laziness. I think what I need is to enforce a 2 hour a day practice policy, and only after that I could move on to the games.
              my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
              A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

Originally posted by Frantic_Rock View Post
                It's not that my playing sucks, it is my effort that sucks. I believe I have some potential, but I just play computer games most of the time. Sometimes I do not practice for an entire week. It's from band rehersal to band rehersal, or from gig to gig. This has been going on for ages. I am a game junkie.
                So are you any good spanking the n00bs?

Comment

I'm no good.

I'm struggling at finding my true self regarding my guitar playing.. I'm into all sorts of music, so I'm more into being all over the place, rather than actually getting good in a few branches..
                  My Soundclick

Comment

My rthym playing is cool, but my lead lines suck. I basically pause or just stick to rthym when a lead solo kicks in. I'll spare everyone my painfull attempts of weak solo's...
                    If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
                    DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

Working...
                    X