Playing guitar throug PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing guitar throug PC?

So I only have one amp and I leave it at the rehearsal space for my band I often find that I would like to play guitar through an amplifier at my house. That being said, I have a really nice gaming computer and I was wondering if there was any way I could play guitar through my computer? What would I need to do so, and how much am I looking to spend for good speakers and such?

Re: Playing guitar throug PC?

As for an input device, any Line 6 POD or TonePort will get your sound out through USB to your compter speakers as well as give you a DI box for recording on DAW software. Regarding speakers, the sky is the limit. You can get some decent 2.1 computer speakers that will do the job, or you can go the monitor route. Either way will be great for low level playing and I wouldn't spend too much cake unless you were going to a serious DAW setup in the future.

Comment

I use a Vox Tonelab directly into a soundcard. Works well.

I use headphones with that.

Comment

THis one works real well too if you're looking for portability.

http://www.pmtonline.co.uk/products/studiorecordingA look at the new JamVox guitar practice tool with unique guitar extraction abilities so you can make bac...

Comment

Well I did some research on the POD Tonelab and it seems just what I'm looking for, but I was running if you can jam through it without recording? Also can anyone point me in the direction of some good speakers for guitar?

Comment

I would recommend getting a POD XT instead... it will still hook up to your computer, but you can use it without the computer if you want. You can dial in sounds that you like at home, then take it to the rehearsal space and hook it up to the amp easily.

If you're on a tight budget, the newer Zoom units sound really good these days too. I've got my X3 Live boxed up to prepare for my move, but use a Zoom unit whenever I feel the need to jam through headphones.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
            @ArizonaVoters

Comment

The POD XT sounds incredibly much colder and generic than a Vox Tonelab. The Tonelab has digital audio out (optical S/PDIF). Not quite as nice as functioning straight as a soundcard but good.

Comment

Working...
              X