ABBEY ROAD to offer 'online' mastering service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABBEY ROAD to offer 'online' mastering service

Abbey Road joins the rest of the big studios in offering 'online' mastering services. (Technically, it's offline mastering, but I think that would be too confusing)

There are some minor issues, such as not being able to send SDII files, as well as a bit depth/sampling rate/track length restrictions, but overall looks like it might be a great service for the price.

Offering world class recording studios in London, Online Mastering with Grammy award-winning engineers, Half-Speed Vinyl Cutting
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Re: ABBEY ROAD to offer 'online' mastering service

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
    There are some minor issues, such as not being able to send SDII files, as well as a bit depth/sampling rate/track length restrictions, but overall looks like it might be a great service for the price.
    Nobody uses SDII files anymore... not even Digidesign. I think they discontinued support in 2003 or 2004. That's a dead file system. Deader then dead. Apple had been warning of that since OS 8!!!

And real mastering 'services' don't put restrictions on sampling rate or track length unless they have a Jr. engineer doing it...

I've been using Brad Blackwood & Dave Collins for many years... great indie rates, 1st call service... no restrictions other then those implied by my lackluster mixes...
    J. 'Moose' Kahrs
    mixer|producer|recordist
    mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
    All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

Working...
    X