Sound Recording problem with XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Recording problem with XP

Im not to sure how to explain my issue here but ill try to make it as clear as possible... First of all everything used to work just fine and i havn't touched anything everything is connected exactly the same way and i've checked 50 times every single cable and everything is plugged in correctly. Basicly what i have is a PC with a m-audio delta 1010 (the PCI rack mount not the lt version) so it has 8 I/O plus midi and s/pdif.

Now for the problem.. i get no recording sound in windows. The sound goes trough everything perfectly, i go to pro tools or cubase or audition and each channel works, the sound goes trough and gets recorded and all that. I've tested each channel on each program and the sound goes trough it all no problem In or Out. I can playback everything no problem in any program or in windows and by windows i mean non audio interfeced applications like WMP or explorer and etc.. i can watch you tube vids for example no problem iwht sound an dlal the problem here is say i use a cam or i even just simply use sound recorder or any application that uses the windows sound devices there is no sound.. It used to work, i could record vids with sound from my delta no problem, i could voice chat on msn no problem, i could use stuff like ventrillo or other applications that used the windows sound devices but for some reason it all stoped working.

And here's another wierd deal say i plug my guitar in to record whatever and i use the 1/2 channel bypass there is sound, if i use the 3/4 bypass there is sound only on the right side, same with the 5/6 and 7/8 INs.. but the guitar is only pluged in the 1/2... there should not be any sound comming from those channels so you would figure something is broken in the card right? but if i go to pro tools for example wich uses only the delta audio interfecae and nothing else there is no sound from 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, only 1/2.. so this leads me to think something is messed up in windows.. because the way the drivers work windows has to bypass or redirect the channels for its own use so applications like internet or media player can produce sound from it.. dont know if this makes any sense to any of you but can anyone help me with this?
    C-Martin Recordings
    My Soundclick page

Re: Sound Recording problem with XP

First, doesn't the m-audio have a software mixer? Check the routing there first. Then check in Windows sound and audio devices for anything unusual. You should find both in the control panel.
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Everything has been setup and is the same as it has been for almost a year i never change that stuff since everything was setup in working order.. i did recheck those however, it was the first thing i checked when the problem occurred. I double checked and messed around with those settings countless times, this is what i mean by when i would swtich the channels 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 it was trough the m-audio mixers routing options. Technicaly it all works the sound goes trough everywhere how it should be but once it hits anything that runs trough windows it wont work, there is no sound. Only sound that comes out is from any applications that bypass windows sound devices and goes straight for the card itself like pro tools. Then there is sound and no issues whatsoever. Keep in mind that this is just the In sound, the out sound works just fine i can playback anything on anything and itll work, its just an issue when recording.
      C-Martin Recordings
      My Soundclick page

Comment

Did you add anything new lately? Software or hardware?
        Pulse 2AM - YouTube
        Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

hardware no, softwares yes since this is the only pc i use i use it for everything else.. from chating to games to browsing to text and work with autocad or solidworks for work and etc..
          C-Martin Recordings
          My Soundclick page

Comment

Hmmm. I would try and reload the m-audio drivers, see if they have new drivers. It sounds like it's in the input of the Windows audio though? Did you look for conflicts from hardware in the control panel?

You checked >sounds and devices>audio & voice in the control panel and made sure they're all on the m-audio card?
            Last edited by innerdreamrecords.co; 07-10-2009, 10:01 PM.
            Pulse 2AM - YouTube
            Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

like i said i checked sounds and devices many times over, everything is how it should be and even tried switching channels but the problem is the same
              C-Martin Recordings
              My Soundclick page

Comment

I had to ask again, I'm sorry man. I feel your pain...I give up.
                Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by C-Martin View Post
                  like i said i checked sounds and devices many times over, everything is how it should be and even tried switching channels but the problem is the same
                  Hmmm. I would try and reload the m-audio drivers,
                  Did you try the driver re-load? I would, if you haven't and all else has failed.

Are you using ASIO drivers?
                  sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
                  - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

tried reloading the driver and nothign has changed and ya its an ASIO driver i believe
                    C-Martin Recordings
                    My Soundclick page

Comment

Under Control Panel-Sounds and Multi-Media-Audio. Does it look like this?

Also I would have the "Use only Default Device box" checked.
                      sigpic

Comment

And the Delta "Control Panel"

Apparently this could ban answer too.
                        sigpic

Comment

In Cubase

sigpic

Comment

Thats an extremely old version of the control panel i think, the panel doesnt even look like that anymore.. unless your showing me the panel for the delta 1010 LT version? As for cubase, like i said the problem doesnt hapen in those applications.. since they bypass the "sound and devices" from windows they go straight for the card itself, i dont have any issues recording with pro-tools,cubase, audition, or any DAW, its for anything else windows. The way i had it setup in the sound and devices is exactly as you showed and also tried dedicating the devices to the specific channels and still everything is the same. Is there any other advanced way to access windows sound settings?
                            C-Martin Recordings
                            My Soundclick page

Comment

Go under system>hardware>device manager>sound video and game controllers and you can see by clicking on the names if the drivers and devices are working right. Try audio codecs and see if it's working correctly. You could also do a system restore to a date that you know all was working.
                              Last edited by innerdreamrecords.co; 07-15-2009, 09:13 PM.
                              Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                              Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Working...
                              X