banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haggard time again (this time only rythm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haggard time again (this time only rythm)

took TO's advice and did a take on a separate rythm track for the thing which is repeated over and over.

if someone wants to do a lead over this, be my guest

sorry if my guitar is a little too loud in the mix, but i have to figure out how to properly record separate guitar tracks without having the backing track recorded along it. nevermind.. i just figured it out.. i'm so friggin stupid.. but also too lazy to record again

enjoy peeps
    (yes, it is LONG again.. thats how i like em.. and you guys should record longer stuff also, cos yours are usualy over before they really began, so no more 90 second clips plz, yes? kThx)
    TO, was this what you had in mind?

Haggard rythm

Re: Haggard time again (this time only rythm)

come on peeps... tone, chops.. etc, you know the drill

Comment

good stuff dude. I wanna start posting my own music on here but I'm hesitant because I've heard so many people on this forum that could out do me on the guitar any day. They make me feel like I royally suck.
      Last edited by GuitarGuy503; 09-28-2004, 04:16 PM.
      Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
      Roland Cube 60
      Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
      BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
      LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
      Mogami Cables
      Mooer Candy Toppers
      Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
      Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Comment

Don't feel that way, man. Post away!
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Very cool, Davey!
          I was thinking more of double stops for the rhythm part, but I like what you've done.
          Now do the lead! Stop being lazy!

Comment

guitarguy.. post away. it's the only way to get better and to lose the shyness... we're all good guys.. we dont even tell moom he sucks (j/k bro, i you happen to stumbe in here.. btw, WHY DIDNT YOU YET!)

thx TO =) i'll do the lead a bit later, cos i'd like to prepare myself for it. maybe i'll even multitrack it. break it into 4 or 5 little ones and then mix it in

Comment

Ya, I got some material I could record and post but I'm stuck on how to complete them and make full songs. It bugs me because I come up with an intro riff for a song but can't seem to figure out a chorus to go with it. Theres one piece that I made up, its a basic rock rhythm piece, I've been told it sounds like an 80's piece, but I just can't seem to break the creativity block. No matter how hard I try I still feel like I royally suck. I can't do lead guitar and on top of that I got a HUGE creativity block which doesn't help matters. I remember the days when guitar used to be the best thing in the world, but I can honestly admit that these past few years I've been so overwhelmed because of the creativity block and I just wanna give up and quit because I don't feel like I have much to offer musically. Sorry for venting on you both, I'm just frusterated because I don't feel like I'm gettin anywhere musically.
              Last edited by GuitarGuy503; 09-29-2004, 07:06 PM.
              Roland Cube 60
              Mogami Cables
              Mooer Candy Toppers
              Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.

Comment

heh.. i know how you feel.. i'm pretty much forcing myself to pick up my guitar these days.. it's just the fact that till now, i didnt care how my guitar felt like and the sound was ok.. but since i invested in some duncans and the guitar port, i'm more and more starting to hate the feel of my axe. i want something better, with a totaly diferent feel and a maple neck LOL. i'm trying to sell it, but it doesnt go anywhere

Comment

Just keep modding it until you have a great workhorse guitar, Davey!!

Comment

but i want a floyd.. and a maple neck.. and a transparent finish... and i just got a call for my stuff. but the dude is in like assville at the butt of the world.. he'll call me if he's in the vicinity though. i so damn hope he'll buy it (i'm selling everything i got for like 600, of which i paid 250 for the pups >.<.. i'm even willing to drop the price for 50-75$) i just want to see it go so i can get the dinky reverse

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
                      heh.. i know how you feel.. i'm pretty much forcing myself to pick up my guitar these days.. it's just the fact that till now, i didnt care how my guitar felt like and the sound was ok.. but since i invested in some duncans and the guitar port, i'm more and more starting to hate the feel of my axe. i want something better, with a totaly diferent feel and a maple neck LOL. i'm trying to sell it, but it doesnt go anywhere

I know what you mean about the feel of a guitar feeling ****ty. I played a MIM strat for a while, decided to upgrade to an American and found that there is a HUGE difference in the feel of both necks. The American is so much more comfortable. I love my strat.
                      Last edited by GuitarGuy503; 10-01-2004, 02:27 AM.
                      Roland Cube 60
                      Mogami Cables
                      Mooer Candy Toppers

Comment

but i want a floyd.. and a maple neck.. and a transparent finish... and i just got a call for my stuff. but the dude is in like assville at the butt of the world.. he'll call me if he's in the vicinity though. i so damn hope he'll buy it (i'm selling everything i got for like 600, of which i paid 250 for the pups >.<.. i'm even willing to drop the price for 50-75$) i just want to see it go so i can get the dinky reverse

Dude I'd get an ESP/LTD over a Jackson if I were you. I used to have an ESP/LTD M-300 Model. It was basically a lower end version of a Kirk Hammett KH-2 with reverse headstock, transparent black finish, with neck through body construction. I LOVED that guitar, but I ended up selling it because the Floyd gave me to much trouble. When I tried to restring it the string would continuously slip out of the string clamp of the floyd causing the string to flatten. I used to get so pissed off cuz I'd have to cut off the flattened end of the string and keep redoing it. I eventually gave up and took it to a music store and had them restring it. Later I decided it was to much trouble, sold it, and bought a guitar with a regular tremolo. You should look into an ESP/LTD since you want a Floyd. They are great guitars.
                        Last edited by GuitarGuy503; 10-01-2004, 02:44 AM.
                        Roland Cube 60
                        Mogami Cables
                        Mooer Candy Toppers

Comment

no esp's for me..
                          i boycot ESP since they're the mother of stealing guitar ideas, and we all know what happens when THEY try to make a guitar (devilgirl anyone?)
                          and i'm NOT ever going to get a hammet signature. not because it would be a bad guitar, but because he's a ****ty guitarist.

and i am starting to seriously HATE black guitars. in every shape and form.

plus the LTD series has the same consistency as epi. some are made in korea, some are japan etc. you know what that means

i'm going jackson and absolutely NOTHING can convince me othervise. i'm getting the DX10D, but have yet to decide if i'll get the firestorm (seymour duncan preamp installed) or the regular version.. either trans red or amber sunburst. i'll orded multiple ones to the store and try em out, see which one has the richest sound

Comment

no esp's for me..
                            i boycot ESP since they're the mother of stealing guitar ideas, and we all know what happens when THEY try to make a guitar (devilgirl anyone?)
                            and i'm NOT ever going to get a hammet signature. not because it would be a bad guitar, but because he's a ****ty guitarist.

and i am starting to seriously HATE black guitars. in every shape and form.

plus the LTD series has the same consistency as epi. some are made in korea, some are japan etc. you know what that means

i'm going jackson and absolutely NOTHING can convince me othervise. i'm getting the DX10D, but have yet to decide if i'll get the firestorm (seymour duncan preamp installed) or the regular version.. either trans red or amber sunburst. i'll orded multiple ones to the store and try em out, see which one has the richest sound
                            I agree with the black guitar comment. In the last couple years I've been avoiding black guitars like the plague........ Black is just way overused on guitars in my opinion. When I buy new guitars I get a color that is unique and different.
                            Roland Cube 60
                            Mogami Cables
                            Mooer Candy Toppers

Comment

=)
                              i cant decide between these two colors (not guitars)
                              Discover the sound of Fender, the spirit of rock-n-roll since 1946. Shop Fender guitars, basses, amplifiers, audio equipment, accessories, apparel and more.

Discover the sound of Fender, the spirit of rock-n-roll since 1946. Shop Fender guitars, basses, amplifiers, audio equipment, accessories, apparel and more.

i'll order them both and then chose the one that has a richer sound and more sustain as i'd guess they both feel and play the same hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X