banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do I need so I can record my Vox VT15 through my Toneport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I need so I can record my Vox VT15 through my Toneport?

I just want to check here before I go and mess something up. Basically, I want to record my Vox VT15 amp by using the Line Out from the amp and going IN to the Toneport. Do I need a special type of cable to do this? Also, if anyone has done this, will the toneport recognize the amp as a pre-amp and then will I be able to select the cab models?
    -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
    Vox VT15
    Washburn D10SCE
    Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass

Re: What do I need so I can record my Vox VT15 through my Toneport?

I've tried it with mixed results. As I recall you just run the line out to line in and In my case I tried just a clean patch from the Vox. I don't think it was much of an improvement to the straight Vox?
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
      I've tried it with mixed results. As I recall you just run the line out to line in and In my case I tried just a clean patch from the Vox. I don't think it was much of an improvement to the straight Vox?
      Bummer. I really like the sounds I get out of my Vox, but can't mic it to record.
      -Tom

Vox VT15
      Washburn D10SCE

Comment

Originally posted by StratTom View Post
        Bummer. I really like the sounds I get out of my Vox, but can't mic it to record.
        Doesn't it have a record out? Just use that.
        Pulse 2AM - YouTube
        Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
          Doesn't it have a record out? Just use that.
          Mine's only got a headphone jack, but apparently I can use that as a Line Out (that's what Vox says?).
          -Tom

Vox VT15
          Washburn D10SCE

Comment

Yep, that's the ticket as I remember - I sold mine.

Headphone output and expandability allows home recording and late-night practice
            There's a headphone output that can be connected to headphones or to your mixer or multi-track recorder. Since the tonal characteristics of the cabinet are applied to this output, the sound will not be impaired even if you make a direct-line recording or listen through headphones, ensuring that you continue to get that great spatial depth and character. The VT50/100 provides a speaker output that allows an external speaker to be connected, and the VT100 provides an effect loop that's convenient for connecting an external effect, giving you the flexibility to configure your system for any situation.
            Last edited by innerdreamrecords.co; 07-21-2009, 07:08 PM.
            Pulse 2AM - YouTube
            Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

I still have my vox 15 - it sounds pretty sweet for da solid state. prolly less hassle to just use the line 6 modelers instead though. I use the line 6 platinum reamped - got it for $100. less than the cost of a decent mic. I tweak my sound after I record.

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
                I still have my vox 15 - it sounds pretty sweet for da solid state. prolly less hassle to just use the line 6 modelers instead though. I use the line 6 platinum reamped - got it for $100. less than the cost of a decent mic. I tweak my sound after I record.
                Yeah, I think I'm just going to stick with the the stuff the toneport has. Don't get me wrong, I like most of the tones, just probably need to tweak them a bit more.
                -Tom

Vox VT15
                Washburn D10SCE

Comment

One thing I've noticed is hardware has more power than software especially on heavy chords and riffs. I've had the Toneports, Vox, POD, GT10, Tonelab stuff. I always liked the hardware better for the heavy.
                  Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                  Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Working...
                  X