"The Only Thing" demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Only Thing" demo

Typically dark. I'm trying to get enough material for an EP, as soon as I get a guitar I'm going to finish these up.

The Only Thing
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Re: "The Only Thing" demo

Vocal makes it similar to Depeche Mode a bit. Overall sound seems to balance between clear distinction of separate "instruments" and mixing everything into one texture. That's unique. I like it, I think that especially tone makes this song interesting.

Comment

Thank for checking in out and the review Kaligula11! I appreciate it.
      Pulse 2AM - YouTube
      Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

I dig the bas.tone and groove. It has a very good fundamental character and gives the song "emotional fullness". I dunno how to put it better LOL.
        The reverb/delay on your voice is very nice.
        Very good song.You did the right things, and turned the right knobs again!

PS: My GF heard it as she was reading something and asked what it was. She says that sounds very good!
        www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

I am one with the knob! LOL. Have you girl friend email me!

Thanks BBQ and I'm glad she liked it too, I'm going to keep polishing it.
          Pulse 2AM - YouTube
          Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Love it!! The dark and moody character really stands out, while still being very pleasant on the ears. Brief moments give me a NIN kinda feel. The synth tones you layer are very memorable, and influence the bits of synth I do on my tunes.

Nice work!!
            ]
            FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Has a very Depeche Mode vibe to it. Nice job dude it grabs your attention for sure.
              Oh my God! ,Whatever ,Etc.

Comment

awesomeness as usual.

drums sound very much like the NIN pretty hate machine. You have tons of material for an LP??? This one sounds very spacey, not that busy. I bet youd give the chorus a guitar crushing wall of sound for the "we can live today" part when you get to it. Make it a little more buzy. Sounds good as is. I like the different echoes and textures on the singing.

Comment

kevlar3000, Chas, everdrone,

Thanks a lot you guys! Being compared in any way to those artists a nice thing.

I bet youd give the chorus a guitar crushing wall of sound for the "we can live today" part when you get to it.
                  Yeup!

The synth tones you layer are very memorable, and influence the bits of synth I do on my tunes.
                  Cool man. Check out some underground house music for cool synth work, guys like Junkie XL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfovi...eature=related and BT. They are wizards.

You have tons of material for an LP???
                  Not quite yet, maybe 5 or 6 songs I'd use right now.
                  Last edited by innerdreamrecords.co; 07-27-2009, 06:37 PM.
                  Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                  Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Working...
                  X