AxeFx/Blackouts direct VIDEO Anyway You Want It solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AxeFx/Blackouts direct VIDEO Anyway You Want It solo

I probably should have done another take, but I just didn't have time this morning so there are lots of clams, I should just not play in the morning

This is the AxeFx direct into ProTools with a really bad backing track...lol. I forgot to bypass the drive block when I was doing the chord work at the end of the video.

Me clamming up a perfectly decent solo...sorry about the mistakes.AxeFx directly into a Joe Meek TwinQ preamp into ProTools...no amp or cab used.Suhr Modern ...

Mark

Re: AxeFx/Blackouts direct VIDEO Anyway You Want It solo

More! Dokken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

what kind of guitar was that?
      Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
      Ibanez RG1570 Custom
      PRS McCarty STD
      '71 Gibson SG Custom
      Bogner Alchemist 2x12
      Vox AD15VT

Comment

Originally posted by BluesGuyJ View Post
        what kind of guitar was that?

It's a Suhr Modern....gorgeous guitar.

At Suhr we don’t merely produce some of the finest hand-crafted guitars and amplifiers – we produce dreams that inspire musical passion and artistic creativity.

Mark

Comment

very nice - quite a happenin tone ... and i am not a general fan of active pickups

i wish i could clam like that - no need to apologize friend
          gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

I have never played a Sir before... Since I am blind, do you mind describing the guitar body style/setup a little more? Arent Sirs very similar to Strats?
            Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
            Ibanez RG1570 Custom
            PRS McCarty STD
            '71 Gibson SG Custom
            Bogner Alchemist 2x12
            Vox AD15VT

Comment

suhr makes a pretty wide range of strat and telly style guitars that can be configured anywhere along the range of traditional to modern ... they can have 3 single coils or H S H or dual humbuckers ... they are all very well made and are usually more expensive than a corresponding fender model

sam hill, do you find the blackouts and axe/fx combination to be especially compressed sounding? or is it just that combination of settings (guitar volume control / patch gain, etc) that makes it sound so compressed?
              gear list in profile

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

This particular guitar has a slightly asymmetrical strat-style body with thinner horns and a 24 fret neck with angled headstock. Ebony fretboard, gold hardware, double-locking Floyd setup. Looks like it's got a mahogany body with a first-class quilted maple top and natural masked binding. The finish is some sort of subtle honey, amber or fire burst that's face-melting beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
                  suhr makes a pretty wide range of strat and telly style guitars that can be configured anywhere along the range of traditional to modern ... they can have 3 single coils or H S H or dual humbuckers ... they are all very well made and are usually more expensive than a corresponding fender model

sam hill, do you find the blackouts and axe/fx combination to be especially compressed sounding? or is it just that combination of settings (guitar volume control / patch gain, etc) that makes it sound so compressed?
                  I'd say it's a combination of my settings, pickups, playing and YT compression

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ParameterMan View Post
                    This particular guitar has a slightly asymmetrical strat-style body with thinner horns and a 24 fret neck with angled headstock. Ebony fretboard, gold hardware, double-locking Floyd setup. Looks like it's got a mahogany body with a first-class quilted maple top and natural masked binding. The finish is some sort of subtle honey, amber or fire burst that's face-melting beautiful.
                    It is a mahogony body and neck, Indian Rosewood fretboard, stainless steel jumbo frets, quilt maple top, Gotoh locking tuners, Gotoh Floyd, Seymour Duncan AHB1 Blackouts..plays like butter. Yes the colour is Fireburst

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by samhill View Post
                      It is a mahogony body and neck, Indian Rosewood fretboard, stainless steel jumbo frets, quilt maple top, Gotoh locking tuners, Gotoh Floyd, Seymour Duncan AHB1 Blackouts..plays like butter. Yes the colour is Fireburst

Mark
                      Ahhh, so that board is rosewood. Very, very nice. Watching you play it I can see how smooth it plays- the strings seem to have just the right amount of give without being floppy. And I love the silkiness of SS frets. Between Suhr and G&L I've got some serious GAS issues.

Comment

Sounds like a very nice guitar indeed.
                        Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
                        Ibanez RG1570 Custom
                        PRS McCarty STD
                        '71 Gibson SG Custom
                        Bogner Alchemist 2x12
                        Vox AD15VT

Comment

Originally posted by samhill View Post
                          I'd say it's a combination of my settings, pickups, playing and YT compression

Mark
                          well, no matter what the combination, it sounds great .. so silky smooth and sustainy
                          gear list in profile

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
                            well, no matter what the combination, it sounds great .. so silky smooth and sustainy
                            Word. That tone is Fat City. Me likey.

Samhill - comparing to your OD100's, how close does that AxeFX come to copping a real tube amp in terms of tone and feel? I would imagine it would come way closer than anything Line 6 has.

Comment

little on the hot side (distortion) for my tastes, but awesome solos, dokken riffs (I gotta learn unchain the night now that I see how it's played), and very stunning looking axe.

Comment

Working...
                              X