Rain In December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain In December

This is an updated song from my last thread..
    Let me know what you guys think..
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/shakemaker

My life:
    www.myspace.com/marionhighh

Re: Rain In December

Very cool, good to hear it with vocals. My critique. I would get rid of the storm effect, cheesy and a novelty imo. I think the main acoustic needs some more compression and so do the vocals (they need to be more upfront), also try another reverb on the vocals, that sounds like a hall reverb I would use a plate reverb and a little synced delay (just felt not heard). Good tune man rock on!
    Last edited by innerdreamrecords.co; 09-05-2009, 09:29 AM.
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

"Nothing lasts forever, in the cold November Rain."

Aww...nothing like a cliche' GNR song to start your morning.

Comment

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
        Very cool, good to hear it with vocals. My critique. I would get rid of the storm effect, cheesy and a novelty imo. I think the main acoustic needs some more compression and so do the vocals (they need to be more upfront), also try another reverb on the vocals, that sounds like a hall reverb I would use a plate reverb and a little synced delay (just felt not heard). Good tune man rock on!
        Yeah, I agree with pretty much everything you said. lol The storm thing does have to go..
        I didn't add any compression or eq.. Just that reverb. And yes.. It is a hall reverb. It's effect #1 on the mixer. It was late and I wanted to get done with the song quickly.. so. I didn't feel like tinkering with the compresser etc.

I think I might re-do the lead and vocals tonight. I dunno.
        Thanks for your input man! Seems like you're the only one who really cares about my work haha.

Thanks again, great critique as always.

Facebook:

My life:

Comment

Man, I dig the song a lot!!!

IDR pointed the important things already out, do it and it will sound even better.
          Originally posted by Guitarist
          Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
          http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

Don't you dare re-do the vocals! There are two spots where you sing December in the verses that are a little flat, when you sing December hard at the end you're fine. Fix those two parts and leave it. My 2 cents. I think it sounds cool.

If you don't have a good pitch correction program for those two Decembers re-sing them or send them to me I'll fix them.

* Edit: I listened again. You could leave those Decembers, though I would probably get them a bit tighter if it were me.
            Last edited by innerdreamrecords.co; 09-05-2009, 05:12 PM.
            Pulse 2AM - YouTube
            Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Don't you dare re-do the vocals! There are two spots where you sing December in the verses that are a little flat, when you sing December hard at the end you're fine. Fix those two parts and leave it. My 2 cents. I think it sounds cool.

If you don't have a good pitch correction program for those two Decembers re-sing them or send them to me I'll fix them.

* Edit: I listened again. You could leave those Decembers, though I would probably get them a bit tighter if it were me.
              Well, here's the song with no storms, some compression, different reverb, and a limiter:

4shared is a perfect place to store your pictures, documents, videos and files, so you can share them with friends, family, and the world. Claim your free 15GB now!

And here's the vocal track if you wanted to tinker with it. It's wet btw..

4shared is a perfect place to store your pictures, documents, videos and files, so you can share them with friends, family, and the world. Claim your free 15GB now!

Facebook:

My life:

Comment

Okay, all and all it was pretty good as far as pitch. I fixed the real bad notes, those two Decembers and a few others. PM with your email and I'll send you back an mp3. I'd just cut and paste in the words that need to be fixed.
                Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Sounds much better. The solo guitars might be a little loud and you could push the main acoustic back a touch with a little more reverb.
                  Last edited by innerdreamrecords.co; 09-05-2009, 06:58 PM.
                  Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                  Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Okay, here's what I did.
                    Added verb to the acoustics. Turned them down.
                    Made a few envelopes on a few differnent intruments, and I think that's it. lol

.. Oh, and I added the fixed vocal track.
                    Last edited by fenderbass6; 09-05-2009, 07:46 PM.

Facebook:

My life:

Comment

hey brother, I don't have any real criticism bad or good, but I just wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed your song man!

www.guardiancustoms.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrizzle View Post
                        hey brother, I don't have any real criticism bad or good, but I just wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed your song man!
                        Thanks a lot man!
                        Sometimes compliments are better than criticism! haha

Facebook:

My life:

Comment

Great! At :41 seconds and it happens one more time in the song, all the instruments drop out except the guitars and vocals. The guitars are fighting with the vocals right there. I think you could drop down the guitars there and maybe even bring the vocals up a db or so for the whole song. It should be about the vocals.
                          Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                          Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Great! At :41 seconds and it happens one more time in the song, all the instruments drop out except the guitars and vocals. The guitars are fighting with the vocals right there. I think you could drop down the guitars there and maybe even bring the vocals up a db or so for the whole song. It should be about the vocals.
                            Hmmm... I'm not exactly sure what you're reffering to..
                            At :41 there isn't any vocals.

It's where the lead, main, bass, and drums end the verse.

Then the vocals come in at :42 for the chorus.

I didn't hear any drop outs, but I could be wrong.

Facebook:

My life:

Comment

Originally posted by fenderbass6 View Post
                              Hmmm... I'm not exactly sure what you're reffering to..
                              At :41 there isn't any vocals.

It's where the lead, main, bass, and drums end the verse.

Then the vocals come in at :42 for the chorus.

I didn't hear any drop outs, but I could be wrong.
                              The guitars fight the vocals in the chorus, that's what I meant.
                              Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                              Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Working...
                              X