Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First complete song is up

Here's my cheesy rock/pop contribution, "To Your Health":
    Discover, share and connect with culture, creativity, sound, images and people.

I probably should have chosen something more uptempo to start off on MySpace, but the song had some good structure to it so I decided to roll out this one first.

I'm sure there's about a million and one things any decent recording engineer can pick apart, but I think all in all, it ended up pretty balanced (atleast from taking the mix and bringing it to the car, etc.). It took a lot of learning to get it to this point and I'm proud of it. There's no fancy plugins, just basic Logic stuff.

For those that like the details: Guitar was an Epiphone Les Paul w/ ceramic Firebird pickups through a Bogner Shiva half stack mic'd with an MD-421 through an API 3124+. Drums are a Roland TD-12 out via MIDI and processed with Steven Slate Drums 3. Bass is a Fender American P-Bass through an Ampeg SVTDI box through one of the Ensembles' mic pres. Vocals are an SM7B through the 3124.
    Last edited by That90'sGuy; 09-06-2009, 07:09 AM.
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Re: First complete song is up

I like the tune man good job on that. The main thing that I would work on (I just have to give my 2 cents ) is the drums. A different beat would help imo.
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

I liked it a lot man. Great stuff.
      Just added you on the myspace lol.
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/shakemaker

My life:
      www.myspace.com/marionhighh

Comment

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
        I like the tune man good job on that. The main thing that I would work on (I just have to give my 2 cents ) is the drums. A different beat would help imo.
        Thanks man! Can you tell I just picked up the drums? Haha. I'm a guitar player trying to be an entire band and I'll end up doing it, although rather crudely I kinda went with the first thought I had on it, I may have to play around with it after I work on some other stuff (if I spend too much time on one thing I lose interest - I swear I have ADD ).

Originally posted by fenderbass6 View Post
        I liked it a lot man. Great stuff.
        Just added you on the myspace lol.
        Thanks! I checked out your group Marion High and really dug it too! I definitely hear the pop/indie vibe from your band and it's well done (that whole genre is a guilty pleasure of mine - Dashboard Confessional is a favorite). Your singer reminds me of a local guy over here sometimes, Matt from Ivydrive.
        Last edited by That90'sGuy; 09-06-2009, 07:15 PM.
        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.

Comment

Comment

I liked the song man! Your voice has a nice sweet tone. Are you autotuned at all or are you just awesome?

The drums were holding the track back! Nuff said.

I liked the guitar parts and their interaction together. Your crunch guitar tracks were mixed lower than your cleans (the clean guitar parts sound great by the way, love that 421!)

I think you want more bump in your bass. It sounded thin to me and too present.

This is totally the kind of music I like to listen to. If you can get your hands on EZDrummer or a buddy who can play the pads well, you will have some great material.

I liked it, your singer / songwriter style is evident and the structure was excellent.

-Hunter
            my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
              I liked the song man! Your voice has a nice sweet tone. Are you autotuned at all or are you just awesome?

The drums were holding the track back! Nuff said.

I liked the guitar parts and their interaction together. Your crunch guitar tracks were mixed lower than your cleans (the clean guitar parts sound great by the way, love that 421!)

I think you want more bump in your bass. It sounded thin to me and too present.

This is totally the kind of music I like to listen to. If you can get your hands on EZDrummer or a buddy who can play the pads well, you will have some great material.

I liked it, your singer / songwriter style is evident and the structure was excellent.

-Hunter
              Thanks!

My voice is terrible, but I'm Auto-Tuned to **** and it makes it passable

Comment

Really good song, singing and tone

Just happened to search for 'Bogner Shiva' and came across this. The guitar sounds much more defined and sparkly than I expected it to, good stuff.

Not the type of music I'd usually listen to, but you really pulled it off, making for a REALLY nice and pleasant listen.

Gave me the same vibe as that song in Toy Story, in a good way, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Working...
                X