banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sound clip - Here's a cheesy 80's original i recorded (Marshall Super Lead)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound clip - Here's a cheesy 80's original i recorded (Marshall Super Lead)

I just found this demo i made waaaaay back in the late 80's. It brought back alot of good memories of those days. When i listened to it i got a laugh out of how much music has changed over the years. It's a tad on the commercial cheesy side of things but i figured i would just post it for fun. I used my 70 Super lead for this one. Enjoy!

80's Demo
    Last edited by VHoholic; 04-18-2007, 01:14 PM.
    Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Updated Van Halen clips, originals and a few others.....check out my new VH Store also. Enjoy!

Re: Sound clip - Here's a cheesy 80's original i recorded (Marshall Super Lead)

Hey this is cool man ur good

Comment

this is so great dude lol!....... its so 80s, i love every bit of it ha
      http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
      >cord<
      1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

That was great! Cheesy, but wicked sweet nonetheless

Comment

I'm diggin the tone of the guitar and amp..........
          Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
          Roland Cube 60
          Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
          BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
          LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
          Mogami Cables
          Mooer Candy Toppers
          Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
          Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Comment

This reminds me that the Marshall Super Lead is the tone in my head. You sound great and the playing sounds very good. I've always been very impressed by your clips
            Originally posted by kevlar3000
            I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
            Originally posted by Zerberus
            Better is often the enemy of good
            Originally posted by ginormous
            Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

I often think that 'chorusy' distortion = 80's.

Nice work mate.

Comment

this sounds damn sweet!
                who cares if it's cheesy if it soudns good

Comment

That would have been in heavy cassette rotation back in the day. A very nice track and a tone that just kills Winger.
                  ]
                  FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

I love 80's music man... Journey all the way! That Ibanez Artist sounds nice man. What did you use in the 80's clip?
                    Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
                    Ibanez RG1570 Custom
                    PRS McCarty STD
                    '71 Gibson SG Custom
                    Bogner Alchemist 2x12
                    Vox AD15VT

Comment

Sweet! You singing?

Comment

Impressed as always!
                        My clips

Originally posted by Rid
                        How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Thanks guys! Glad you liked it. I appreciate all the comments.

Originally posted by BluesGuyJ
                          What did you use in the 80's clip?
                          I used the same guitar and setup as this clip, just a slightly different reverb. It's my Ibanez Artist.

Originally posted by Ocifer
                          You singing?
                          Just backing vocals.
                          Last edited by VHoholic; 10-04-2004, 10:58 AM.
                          Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Updated Van Halen clips, originals and a few others.....check out my new VH Store also. Enjoy!

Comment

hmm.. do you remember the settings and effects you used on this one? i'm majorly digging the tone and i'd like to at least get close with the super lead modeller on the port (what cab also.. mainly size and type of speakers

*edit* a question.. what does the jump lead thingy do?
                            Last edited by Davey; 10-04-2004, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
                              hmm.. do you remember the settings and effects you used on this one? i'm majorly digging the tone and i'd like to at least get close with the super lead modeller on the port (what cab also.. mainly size and type of speakers

*edit* a question.. what does the jump lead thingy do?
                              Thanks. I used my 81 Ibanez Artist with the stock pickups and a 1970 Marshall Super Lead hooked up to a 1960 Classic Marshall cab with 25 watt Greenback reissue speakers. The amp had a master volume mod on it at the time. I bought it that way and then eventually returned it back to stock specs. I had all controls set to 10 and the gain set to around 2/3. *Warning*..Rediculously LOUD! LOL.
                              I'm not really sure what you mean about the "jump thingy"? If it's what i think you mean i just plug straight in to the upper left input of the four.
                              Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Comment

Working...
                              X