banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
    yet another problem- my main harddrive died. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. so not only may all this stuff be gone forever, but one of my other projects' whole double-album that was nearly finished may be completely gone as well. this really really blows. im gonna see if i can recover it all with this transfer cable thing tomorrow or whenever i get it, hopefully it works
    ouch. well, if we use the last WAV that you sent around (which I still have) of the re-done drums and your gits-n-bass, we can just layer over that can't we? it'll be stuck mix-wise for the drums, rhythms, and bass, but it sounded good. we could just toss our solos over that mix.

sucks about the double album.

Comment

yeah, i downloaded that one. i did want to change them mix though. oh well. i also downloaded yours & diocletians lead parts, so this song is salvageable as it is.

still a **** situation though. if i lose that double, thats just hours and hours of stuff thats gone. ugh.
      Originally posted by Aceman
      It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

yeah, i downloaded that one. i did want to change them mix though. oh well. i also downloaded yours & diocletians lead parts, so this song is salvageable as it is.

still a **** situation though. if i lose that double, thats just hours and hours of stuff thats gone. ugh.
        can't imagine how much work goes into a double album. I hope you can salvage the files!

Comment

yeah. luckily we still havent recorded the other guy's parts yet, so the only stuff id lose is things i did myself. but it was a ****ing lot of stuff. rhythm guitars & bass for 24 songs, leads and vocals for 12.
          It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Ouch.
            Hopefully it'll be cool and you can salvage all your stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/marchofalaric

Comment

i did what i could with what i had. just used the track i sent you kids then put dankstar's solo over it and tacked diocletian's solo & mixed backing onto the end. gotta raise up that outro bit tomorrow i think, but im only using headphones right now so maybe it sounds fine through actual speakers

Comment

That sounded pretty great man, worked a treat! Some vocals would be great, did you ask Everdrone?

http://www.myspace.com/marchofalaric

Comment

great job everyone! sounds killer. nice mixing, and thanks for putting all that together in the midst of the computer crash. can't wait to download and listen in my car.

+1 on getting everdrone for vox. that would be the icing on the cake methinks.

Comment

ohh yeah, totally forgot, ill have to PM him

Comment

heres the straight MP3, probably better quality than you'd get off soundclick http://rapidshare.com/files/29431338...ntal_.mp3.html

Comment

heres the straight MP3, probably better quality than you'd get off soundclick http://rapidshare.com/files/29431338...ntal_.mp3.html
                        rats, I'm getting an error. oh, I think I need to replace the asterisks with letters. (works now - thanks!). I sent him a PM too. peer pressure is a beeyotch.
                        Last edited by DankStar; 10-17-2009, 12:30 PM.

Comment

haha, looks like the forum autocensor screwed up my link

Comment

Mwahwehah!!!

Not Fragile you ROCK, maybe when I was playing in PA back in the day.......oh nevermind.
                            My Bands -
                            https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                            www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                            www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                            GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

i was able to get all the data off my old harddrive. phew. i sent some drums tracks for drnewcenstein-izing, then we'll get rolling on the next song.

Comment

i was able to get all the data off my old harddrive. phew.
                                that was a close one! how can I get the double album?

Comment

Working...
                                X