First Sunday with new Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Sunday with new Church

WOW I can actually hear GUITAR in the mix from a CHURCH what a concept!!
    Seriously this is a great band to work with and the chemistry in the entire leadership is really cool. I have known this Pastor for years but not the rest of the team. I came in for the first time as a player last Sunday morning met the full band and we did a quick run through practice then hit the service.
    This is a clip of the second song in the set. I was playing my 95 Washburn MG 120 with a pair of SSL-1's and Custom Custom through the Prosonic combo.
    Last edited by Ascension; 09-28-2009, 10:43 PM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Re: First Sunday with new Church

Pretty cool dude ! Christian rock is always wayyy cool !

The drummers snare sounds terrible though, he def. needs to tune his set ; ) I like it though !
    1975 Fender Stratocaster W/ Floyd Rose + mods
    2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio w/Floyd Rose, Scalloped neck, EMG 81/85 Combo
    Marshall FJA Signature modded JMP 1979 50 watt
    Marshall JVM205H
    Marshall 1960AX cabinet(w/ 2 V30's & 2 G12M Greenbacks)
    Empty(unloaded)Laney 2x12
    + a bunch of pedals

Comment

I played for years in a Mega church that had a big Roland Electronic set and I still play in a storefront on Saturday night that uses a really Mickey Mouse Yamaha electronic set. It was just nice to actually hear a REAL drumset on stage LOL.
      I will convey the snare tuning as it could indeed e punchier.
      Thanks bro for the response.
      Here is another clip from Sunday.

Give us a month or so of playing together to jell and this is gonna be a cool band!!
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

What church you at now?
        Hearing guitar is never an issue for us.
        Originally posted by MikeS
        a "career" of playing sold-out bedroom shows to the posters on my wall.
        Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
        whats becoming of this generation
        We want to listen to music while we mow the lawn.

Comment

Hey bro I just noticed your location didn't realize you were local!
          I had been a Cathedral of The Cross in Center point for 6 years.
          As of now I am at Point Of Grace in the old Windsong theater off of Lakeshore.
          Guitars

Comment

Working...
          X