No announcement yet.

Just picked up a lot of recording gear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just picked up a lot of recording gear!

Originally posted by super rad stuff View Post
    huh. well then what are you interfacing the mic to the computer with? i always just run mics(and anything else) into the toneport even if i'm not using gearbox.
    The Blue "Snowball" is a large diaphragm condenser that gets it's +48V from USB, and also uses USB for signal transmission. It does not even have an XLR connection on it, just a USB connection.

Plus, as a condenser (requiring +48V phantom power,) you couldn't run it through a Line6 TonePort GX or UX1 anyhow, as they have no +48V phantom power.

In Audacity or other DAWs, it shows up as a device all it's own, much like the TonePort or a MIDI keyboard.
    my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

i see. that sounds pretty sweet
      Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
      ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

sounds as good as can be expected on my laptop speaker - will listen again at home

enjoy and good luck
        t4d
        gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
          sounds as good as can be expected on my laptop speaker - will listen again at home

enjoy and good luck
          t4d
          Thanks Bill. It's a very "up-front" sound --- just what I'd expect from a large diaphragm condenser.

A lot of folks don't know this about me, but I have 3 years of Audio Technology education from Virginia Tech. I was half wanting to do that as a career and half wanting a secure spot in the job market. Pragmatism (a GIS degree) won, but I studied a heckuva lot on all things related to recording, sound reinforcement, producing, engineering, etc. I was very lucky to have this opportunity without a full commitment to recording as a career. It's funny how cheap / lowball I am with home recording after the experience I had at VT, where it was all good stuff, all the time.

My professor would pull his hair out if he saw what I call a home recording rig.

Anyways, thanks, and I will keep you all posted!

-Hunter
          my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Yessss!

Was gonna reply after the first clip but the second showed definite progress. I guess that was the point, huh? The fist clip to my ears obviously needed more clarity. It was there in the second, great job, keep it up.
            I'm envious, wish I had the space that you do, to create as you wish.
            Very cool & if the advancement from the first track to the second continues you are definitely on the right track (no pun intended). Keep going bro, I look forward to more.

Peace,

Darrin

Comment

Interesting to see no room treatment down there.
              Might want to invest in some to keep comb filtering under control.

Comment

Sounds good but you need more beer.
                - KEVIN

MY BAND: http://thefathom.bandcamp.com

Budda Superdrive 80 II Half Stack; Mesa D-180 + Custom Emperor 2x12 Bass Cabinet
                Music Man John Petrucci (Scream'n Demon/Jazz); Ibanez S2120 (Full Shred set); Steinberger GR4
                Ibanez SR3006; Ibanez BTB1005

Originally posted by DankStar
                I'm the Betty Crocker Easy Bake Oven® of riffs. Ding! Another batch is done.

Comment

Working...
                X