another clip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another clip!

i have been writing alot lately, i started writing another song last night and i recorded it today, i really like the way it's unfolding. i added some filter to the vocals and i think it came out pretty cool. i tried to get away from the hetfield type vocals but i seem to be having some difficulties seeing as i am so used to singing like that. but please check this song out and leave some comments. thanks

Out Here

Re: another clip!

Pretty cool man. I really dig the downpicking (I'm a fellow Hetfield fan) and the song has a nice constant speed to it. One thing though - while I love pinch harmonics, I think that too many of them can be distracting. This is just a suggestion, but to make it smoother I think you should start that one riff with a slide and then an immediate pinch harmonic, and continue through normally until you reach the last note, then try another PH with a vibrato or bend. That would sound less harsh IMO. Maybe I'm just too influenced by Zakk Wylde currently or something...

All in all, good stuff. I look forward to hearing more!

I'm a man of the Southern hand.

Schecter Omen 6 + Custom/'59
    Schecter C-1 A/E Limited
    Agile 2800
    Fender Standard Tele
    Fender American Strat
    Peavey Delta Blues 30
    Peavey Ultra Plus 120
    Vox AD60VTX

Comment

thanx, that abrupt stop before it goes in to the riff with the PH's isn't supposed to be there, it's supposed to go right into it, but i recorded it as a intro and then the next part so it was like 3 different recordings (rhythm imtro, lead intro, and then verse parts) so when i re-record the final product it will be much smoother a transition, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Ah, that makes sense. I know what it's like to record in bits and pieces like that. I just saw that you're 16, too! That's about when I started playing. Keep it up, I really dig your rhythm style!

I'm a man of the Southern hand.

Schecter Omen 6 + Custom/'59
        Schecter C-1 A/E Limited
        Agile 2800
        Fender Standard Tele
        Fender American Strat
        Peavey Delta Blues 30
        Peavey Ultra Plus 120
        Vox AD60VTX

Comment

nice rhythm....
          you are very good @ guitar of being only 16 years old
          Fender Strat Special (SH-1n, SSL-1, TB-4)
          Danelectro Fab-tone
          Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
          Digitech Whammy 2
          MXR M-101 PHASE 90
          Dunlop GCB-95 Original Cry Baby Wah

Comment

thanx guys

Comment

in the intro, the first chord that comes in messed up (imo), the vocals are slightly off time and a bit too loud in the mix. But i hear the musicmanship, nicely done

Comment

i agree with the vocals being off and loud, i think they became too loud after i added the effect to them, um for the 1st chord in the intro idk what you mean by messed up, it's a awkward harmony obviously causing some disonence(sp?) but i was kinda going for that. thanks for the comments

Comment

Working...
                X