feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feedback

how do you initiate and control feedback? I've heard hitting the guitar works, but when I hit mine all I get is a dull thud. I have a jaguar with unpotted pickups that squeals uncontrollably under any gain at all, and a schecter which absolutely refuses to at just about any gain. so how do I get feedback, and control it?
    thanks,
    dan

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Re: feedback

bump

Comment

whoa! someone bumped it up! thanks man! I just thought it was too stupid of a question and no one wanted to answer it... (or is it...?
      dan

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Comment

Put yer guitar in front of the speakers to get it started, and pull it back to control it. The sound coming from the speakers vibrates the strings which comes out the speakers, which vibrates the strings, etc.
        Fender Strat - Custom fret job - mandolin frets & stock fret at fret 0 (replaces nut) & custom fairlead block (to direct strings to tuning machines). Makes for low action. .009 to .046 strings
        Epiphone 335 Dot - not custimized yet, same strings.
        Alvarez RD10 - Nice wooden guitar, no mods, medium nickle wound strings.
        Peavy Classic 50 watt (RMS) tube amp.
        Peavy Blazer Transtube practice amp - 15 watts

Comment

The only two ways to control feedback:
          Turn the volume DOWN
          or
          Move FUTHER AWAY from yer amp.

I play very loud, and I make sure I'm far enough away that I don't have any feedback issues. If I do, I turn the master volume down a notch.
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
          X