d'addarios vs ernie balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: d'addarios vs ernie balls

I have both Daddarios and EBs on my guitars right now. I'm not sure which I prefer.
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Ahh..I like the Slinkys. I've never tried a D'addario string that didn't break.
      Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
      Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
      Originally posted by Sosomething
      "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Im using elixir right now. I really like the tone and they seem to play like butter even 3 weeks after putting a set on. Sad thing is they are sorta hard to come by for me as the nearest store to me usually only has 9s in electric's. i like 11's. Id like to try the d'addario exp's, but ill have to make an out of town trip or order a set.

other than that to get back to main topic. i prefer d'addario over EB.

Comment

I'm using Elixir right now too... They feel great for a long time, and the tone is quite nice I guess. I really just love the fact that I don't have to change them every month.
          Frank
          - PRS SE Custom (Jazz/JB)
          - Ibanez RGD7421 (D-Activator)
          - Tanglewood TW170AS-CE

Traynor YCS100 through Marshall 1960 lead (4x12)
          Originally posted by Curt
          Whatever you do, remember to play in the crabcore position, it helps with the tone.

Comment

I remember I used Slinkys ever since i started, because many guitarists i liked used them, and i always heard that to get close to someones tone, you need to consider every aspect of the tone...

i tried out Daddarios a few times, be it because of price, or availability.

I liked them, but I thought they were always too warm, I missed the clanky high end.

IMO, both are quality strings that I would gladly use with confidence. If i had a choice, id use EB.

Comment

I like the D's 9.5 - 44.
              Good strings,

Peace,

Darrin

Comment

well, i'm not sure if the choice was supposed to be just between those two strings (i guess it was, 'cause EVERYBODY is familiar with GHS Boomers and they weren't included on the list so...

3. Ernie Ball's always feel rusty to me - straight out of the pack.
                2. Fender Super Bullets - always sound dead and dull - straight out of the pack.
                1. Black Diamonds - hahahahahahaha ! the worst strings ever made. fingers will bleed.

D'Addario's ? i tried em once. can't recall, but never used them again.

GHS Boomers for me. but i think i may be switching to Elixers. i put them on my restored Kay. just lovely.

Comment

I've been using D'Addarios nickel mostly and like them but my last set I tried the D'Addarios ProSteels and actually really liked them. I find my Epi LP a bit dark so the brighter strings gave it a much better balance in my opinion. I'd get them again if I didn't already have another set of the regular nickel strings lying around.

Comment

Used D'Addarios for 15 years. Never got along with EBs or Dean Markleys. My local store stocks DRs, and they are just as good as the D'Addarios.
                    My Soundclick page

ʎʌɐǝɥ sı ǝʇsɐd ɥsıɟ

Comment

I've used Ernie Ball pretty exclusively for almost 20 years. I recently started using their coated strings.

I'll try something else every now and then, even just out of curiosity, but I always go back to the Ernie Balls.

Comment

I've used D'Addarios for awhile, and hadn't played EBs for several years until a few weeks ago. They didn't feel like anything special, so I think I might pick up another pack just to be sure.

For now I err on the side of D'Addario.
                        • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                        • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                        • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                        • G&L Tribute Comanche
                        • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                        • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                        • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

I tried a guitar with D'Addario's the other day and liked the feel. Can't say much for the sound as they were on a Stagg strat copy through the crappy 10W Stagg amp that came with it... (I was teaching the daughter of a friend of mine some chords on her first guitar)
                          Ministers and superstars
                          are drinking champagne in their cars
                          6 strings on a 12 guitar
                          all my dreams are made of stars
                          and the rock and roll still burns in me

Comment

EB all the way for me... play them on all my guitars, and always have.
                            Don't like the tone or lack of stable tuning from all other strings. I have tried a lot of other strings too.... always go back to the EB's
                            Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Ernie Balls always rust in a few days for me, even after wiping down the strings after playing. Ive been using D'addarios for years now, I love them.
                              Listen to Black Sabbath

Clorange

Comment

I like the D's, but only cuz they offer half sizes.
                                Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
                                That's one of the reasons I don't have children. Bullet-proof insurance against anything bad happening to them.
                                Originally posted by JOLLY
                                Just made my 7th White Russian. We'll see what happens.
                                Originally posted by JohnJohn
                                He's a tall crazy tatted up ex trash band guitar player from Vancouver .
                                Think of an unarmed Lucid covered in ink.

Comment

Working...
                                X