ANOTHER SOLO Posted ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANOTHER SOLO Posted ...

Inter's question in the other solo thread I started prompted me to post another solo from my upcoming album.

It's solo #1 of four solos on the song Gettysburg (The Blue and the Gray). This is not the same solo that's on the demo version of the song -- I wrote something comepletely new for the album.

This one was recorded using my Jem/VG88 combination. Pickup is a DiMarzio Breed bridge pup.

Just look for "Gettysburg Solo" at http://twilightsongs2.tripod.com.

ENJOY!!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Re: ANOTHER SOLO Posted ...

Now I really dig this one... very Maiden-esque... also sort of a middle-east flavour. Very nice, awesome playing. Great work man!

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
    Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

Comment

Originally posted by Sly_D
      Now I really dig this one... very Maiden-esque... also sort of a middle-east flavour. Very nice, awesome playing. Great work man!
      Thanx, Sly!
      The 1st half of the solo is actually this weird Japanese scale I got from a book about Kabuki music! The scale steps are: 1 - 2 - m3 - b5 - 5 - M7 ... Yes, it has 6 notes!! In English that would be (for this solo) : A - B - C - Eb - E - Ab ...

The 2nd half is a pretty intricate tapping thing, which I harmonized with the perfect fourth ... it just sounded cool that way, no real musical reason!!

Comment

I like this one better also. It's cleaner and more precise than the previous one, but don't take that wrong. Looking forward to hearing the slicked-up Gettysburg.
        Originally posted by Scott_F
        On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Thanx, Matt ... Even Greg liked this solo, which is cool !!

Comment

I love the way it builds into a climax. Almost makes you feel like your
            in combat. Great idea for a song BTW I'm a civil war buff. I hope it
            something like the Amercan version of the Charge of the light Brigade.
            Witch of course `The Trooper' is based on.
            http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Killer metalic riffs there T.O.. very tight and stylish.. oh yeah, fast too.
              https://www.bandmix.com/stevereed/

Comment

oh, it's just ok

geez, who am i kidding

Comment

Originally posted by kmcguitars
                  I love the way it builds into a climax. Almost makes you feel like your in combat. Great idea for a song BTW I'm a civil war buff. I hope it
                  something like the Amercan version of the Charge of the light Brigade.
                  Witch of course `The Trooper' is based on.
                  Thanx, KMC!!
                  I had two concepts for the solos in this song: The first is that there would be no real tonal center: that's why it's just an open E note; you can literally play just about any scale over that. The second was that they have a very frenetic feel to the solos. I'm all about trying to build things so that the fit together nicely, and not really just shredding to shred. (Even tho there ARE times when you just have to shred like the Devil's after ya )

If you go to www.twilight-odyssey.com, you can hear the demo version of this song in full, and we even have the lyrics posted. It's about two brothers who are killed during the Civil War, each fighting on opposite sides. The only artistic lisence we took is in the line "Over the bridge, back to the ridge
                  Fall back to the town" ... in the actual battle, the order of these events was actually the opposite, but the flow of words would be wrong, from a melodic standpoint. Anyone well versed in the Battle Of Gettysburg will be able to point out this seeming "mistake", tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                    Killer metalic riffs there T.O.. very tight and stylish.. oh yeah, fast too.
                    Thanx, Stevo

Comment

Working...
                    X