banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Something Inside" more Vox Tonelab ST and AD drums.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Something Inside" more Vox Tonelab ST and AD drums.

Lot's of string samples too.

Something Inside
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Re: "Something Inside" more Vox Tonelab ST and AD drums.

Thats got a real good feel to it.

Comment

Cheers man.
      Pulse 2AM - YouTube
      Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

I didn't like it. It's under your level, and it needs some more work on it. You do it better than that
        What I didn't like...
        The snare... too dominant and penetrating.
        The strings are cool, but the reverb is not fitting the overall feel and sound.
        Your chorus is actually cool as allways, but wrong string notes and vibe destroys the power of it.

The verse is a bit boring, I mean after knowing your other songs indeed.

I would work with the strings different
        I would create 3-4 tracks for each instrument, and use them differently!

The guitar tone is good and filling the back ground very well!

The short string at the end sound too stereotypical, and the attack is too slow to have the right effect.

Now that's a critique isn't it LOL
        www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

The drums are a bit too dominating all the way around for me on this one, too. They're a bit too clear and punchy given the warmth of the bass, electric, strings and vox and could afford to be turned down a few db. Maybe some parallel compression would make the drums sound a bit more together and make it sit a little better? I didn't really have a problem with the synth, it sounded pretty good to my ears.

I still dig the vibe on this one, you definitely have a sound that's all your own and I like that you commit to it instead of trying to do lots of different things. You're a far more accomplished songwriter than I am and your drums are always tasteful.
          Originally posted by kevlar3000
          I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
          Originally posted by Zerberus
          Better is often the enemy of good
          Originally posted by ginormous
          Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys! Good stuff as always appreciated. I'll keep workin at it.

Next time tell me what you really think BBQ!
            Last edited by innerdreamrecords.co; 04-05-2010, 03:29 PM.
            Pulse 2AM - YouTube
            Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

I have my new mixing headphones - it sounds pretty sweet! lots of nice tones there, I dig the strings.

I kinda wish youd get a bass guitar so you could manipulate the song more with the bass. I got my bass for $100 new at musiciansfriend.com...then you could mix in the bass synth...but that may be a bit much, would be for me anyway

You have alot of skills to mix that much stuff in there, thats a ton of tracks. I like the positive vibe of the song too. Not sure what to critique after the great golden nuggets above, cheers

Comment

Thanks for the listen man. I can't afford anything right now though a bass would be great, I'll be lucky to pay the bills I have this month. This recession will be the death of me...
                Last edited by innerdreamrecords.co; 04-05-2010, 09:52 PM.
                Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

sorry to hear dude, sorry to bring any inkling of it up, hope things get better soon, just do what you can and focus on the positive

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
                    sorry to hear dude, sorry to bring any inkling of it up, hope things get better soon, just do what you can and focus on the positive
                    Thanks bro. This will end someday, I'm just too ****ing old for it.
                    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

I really dig this tune! You create the ultimate ( as in road trip) driving music.

This track is very hypnotic, I actually love the mix. I like when the balance gets shifted from the norm a bit. I have said it before, but your music often reminds me of The Church, so I get a very interesting nostalgia when I hear your music. I don't get that feeling from any other new music.... Great stuff!!
                      ]
                      FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Thanks Kevin, I love road trips! Maybe I can go on a nostalgia tour.

I did mix it again after the comments above, so maybe it's better.
                        Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                        Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

vocals really shine. kinda has a phil collins in the air tonight feel (that's a good thing, I love that song)

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                            vocals really shine. kinda has a phil collins in the air tonight feel (that's a good thing, I love that song)
                            Thanks man! I was thinking the vocals in the second verse should be sung with more power like the chorus? I'm still debating that one.
                            Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                            Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Working...
                            X