Been writing songs for this cute girl to sing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been writing songs for this cute girl to sing

I'm always writing music but until recently it was just for me to perform. Since I moved to Boston I have met a bunch of cool people and have been letting other people sing and perform some of my songs.

I wrote and recorded the first two tracks on this girl's myspace player. They are both folky sorta older singer-songwriter style tunes. I'm also the one playing the guitars. Just thought I'd share.

http://myspace.com/alyvictoria

Hope everyone's week is going well!
    Guitars: 1978 Fender Mustang, 1997 Guild S-100, Strat type guitar with 1960s Shecter neck and 1980s SD hot stacks, 1990 Guild Bluesbird, 1991 Guild Starfire IV, 1995 Amer. Tele, Guild D55, Guild F212, MARTIN HD-28v, Seagull Artist Series

Pedals: Keeley Time Machine Boost, Keeley Compressor, Keeley'd DS-1, Chandler Tube Driver

Amps:
    Fender Hot Rod Deville (4x10), Egnator Rebel

Re: Been writing songs for this cute girl to sing

Sounds good man. I think you're losing her vocals in the mix a bit, try more compression, when she sings certain words they drop out where I can't make them out.
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Thanks. Yeah it's a live recording with nothing done to it.
      Guitars: 1978 Fender Mustang, 1997 Guild S-100, Strat type guitar with 1960s Shecter neck and 1980s SD hot stacks, 1990 Guild Bluesbird, 1991 Guild Starfire IV, 1995 Amer. Tele, Guild D55, Guild F212, MARTIN HD-28v, Seagull Artist Series

Pedals: Keeley Time Machine Boost, Keeley Compressor, Keeley'd DS-1, Chandler Tube Driver

Amps:

Comment

I'm listening to Keep Me in Your mind and I can say I really like what I'm hearing. I think innerdreamrecords is right about the vocals, but other than that it is really a pleasant music to listen to. Congrats
        Frank
        - PRS SE Custom (Jazz/JB)
        - Ibanez RGD7421 (D-Activator)
        - Tanglewood TW170AS-CE

Traynor YCS100 through Marshall 1960 lead (4x12)
        Originally posted by Curt
        Whatever you do, remember to play in the crabcore position, it helps with the tone.

Comment

thanks I appreciate the compliments!

Amps:

Comment

Nice stuff.

Comment

Man this really relaxing and nice!!
              Feel all well after this!
              Very serene.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                Man this really relaxing and nice!!
                Feel all well after this!
                Very serene.
                Happy that my music did that!

She and I are going to try and get into an actual studio and record an album this summer before I go off to Germany for a semester.

I really love her voice and how she makes my songs sound.

Amps:

Comment

Working...
                X