Opinions Egnater Renegade brown sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions Egnater Renegade brown sound

What do you think of my new brown tone? Please excuse the mistakes. I just learned the song tonight. I will record the full track soon once my sound is dialed in. I am using an Egnater renegade combo, sennheiser e609 and Carvin dc127 with a Dimarzio norton.

I am not trying to nail EVH tone. I just want to get in the neighborhood of a good 80's rock sound. I dont have a phaser so I added some reverb and a little delay direct in from my pedal board.

Last edited by UberMetalDood; 05-02-2010, 01:09 PM.

Re: Opinions Egnater Renegade brown sound

I feel like I need to hear more treble snarl in the sound... the riff is a tad muddy sounding, but that's just my opinion. Cool take on the solo!

Comment

Re: Opinions Egnater Renegade brown sound

Originally posted by B2D View Post
      I feel like I need to hear more treble snarl in the sound... the riff is a tad muddy sounding, but that's just my opinion. Cool take on the solo!

Agreed with B2D- the sound is more "80s euro-metal" than brown sound. Likely the DiMarzio isn't helping- really need a jangly PAF for that kind of thing- even Eddies Destroyer tone while heavy on low mids, is also heavy on the high mids and bite-again, the pickup is key.

Not that it's a bad tone, mind you- I like it- just not very EVH to my ears
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Working...
      X