New Rock tune up, "Blind"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rock tune up, "Blind"

It's been a while since I've done anything new, but I felt the need to do a rock oriented, more aggressive song (less acoustic stuff, more distorted guitars). I've been working on my singing, I didn't feel like using Auto-Tune this time around (for better or for worse). It ain't perfect (or even close), but at least it's real. I'm starting to really like the way this one is turning out, but I still need to add drums, which is my biggest vice.

Discover, share and connect with culture, creativity, sound, images and people.

For the guitar/gear geeks that are interested:

Guitar Chain:
    Rhythm: Epi LP w/ Gibson Firebird VII Pickups (tuned Eb Ab Db Gb Ab Db capo'd at the 2nd fret) -> Crowther Hot Cake -> Vox AC15H1TV
    Lead: PRS McCarty w/ Wolfetone Marshallheads -> Bogner EL-34 Shiva

Recording Chain:
    Vox: Lawson L47MP Mk II tube mic w/ Pauly PR120-01 Superscreen -> API 3124+ -> Apogee Ensemble
    Rhythm: Lawson L47MP Mk II -> API 3124+ -> Apogee Ensemble
    Lead: Royer R-121 -> API 3124+ -> Apogee Ensemble
    Bass: Fender USA P-Bass -> A Designs REDDI tube DI -> API 3124+ -> Apogee Ensemble
    Piano: Nord Stage 88 -> API 3124+ -> Apogee Ensemble

Stock Logic plugins. Mixed on a pair of ATC SCM 16As.
    Last edited by That90'sGuy; 05-02-2010, 02:20 PM.
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Re: New Rock tune up, "Blind"

awesome! Your voice sounds good. I appreciate that you did not use the autotune. This is your best stuff! I wonder how it would sound with drumz...

Awesomeness!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
      awesome! Your voice sounds good. I appreciate that you did not use the autotune. This is your best stuff! I wonder how it would sound with drumz...

Awesomeness!!!!
      Thanks man, I appreciate you taking the time to give it a listen! I really need to learn how to play drums because I have a MIDI setup and it's the only instrument that's holding me back from finishing the songs that I write. Instead, I find myself floating back and forth between different compositions without ever closing them out. Perhaps that's why I've never gotten even so much as an EP out.
      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.

Comment

I posted on your Myspace, this is a good start! Finish it up man. I have a rule, If I start it I have to finish it even if I throw it away.
        Pulse 2AM - YouTube
        Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

I like it! That jangly edgy guitar with the piano is really kool. Dig your vocals too.

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
          Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
          Celestion speakers
          Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
          Too many pedals....

Comment

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
            I posted on your Myspace, this is a good start! Finish it up man. I have a rule, If I start it I have to finish it even if I throw it away.
            I never truly "throw it away", but I do have something like 30 songs floating around that are incomplete in one way or another. I'm a Gemini, I like to take on about 10 different things at one time and never truly finish any of them You do have a point! I just need to suck it up and spend time learning rhythm patterns on a drum kit.

Originally posted by butnut View Post
            I like it! That jangly edgy guitar with the piano is really kool. Dig your vocals too.
            Thanks butnut! I'm glad you dig the vibe. I really like a lot of that edgy alternative/poppy kinda stuff (music like R.E.M. or Tom Petty) and was going for it! Sometimes the smallest riff can really make the song and that's why I liked adding the piano for the pre-verse and the lead guitar riff during the second half of the verse.

Comment

I like it man!

My comments:
              the PRS / Bogner tone is great - loved that.
              The bass was a little low in the mix - that middy rhythm part was too middy sounding since the bass wasn't filling it out enough
              Your Vocals get better every time you make something new!
              my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Working...
              X