No announcement yet.

Vintage Gibson Mini-Humbucker vs. DiMarzio P90 Super Distortion vs. Dimebucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Gibson Mini-Humbucker vs. DiMarzio P90 Super Distortion vs. Dimebucker

Let's try this again. (there was some sort of error on the last one)

Posted a battle of these for fun. I just swapped the Gibson Mini out of my Gibson 1979 LP Deluxe and did a clip before doing so. and put in a DiMarzio P90 Super Distortion (p90 sized humbucker) did a clip of that, and also did a clip of the dimebucker in my Les Paul Studio... so heres the clip (I did double tracking this time)

comments welcome, share your thoughts.
    1975 Fender Stratocaster W/ Floyd Rose + mods
    2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio w/Floyd Rose, Scalloped neck, EMG 81/85 Combo
    Marshall FJA Signature modded JMP 1979 50 watt
    Marshall JVM205H
    Marshall 1960AX cabinet(w/ 2 V30's & 2 G12M Greenbacks)
    Empty(unloaded)Laney 2x12
    + a bunch of pedals

Re: Vintage Gibson Mini-Humbucker vs. DiMarzio P90 Super Distortion vs. Dimebucker

heh..love that bite of the mini- I liked the P90SD better for that riff/chord progression cos it has more lows (but doesn;t sound as beefy as a full size Super to my ears). That Dimebucker- yikes has a weird compressed high end like an EMG.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Re: Vintage Gibson Mini-Humbucker vs. DiMarzio P90 Super Distortion vs. Dimebucker

Yeah, the Super D P90 was my fav for this clip. I actually like them all (obviously).... but perfer the P90 Super D over the Mini (for my style.... the mini was just alittle weak, although the tone was amazing IMO)

Anyone else ..?
      1975 Fender Stratocaster W/ Floyd Rose + mods
      2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio w/Floyd Rose, Scalloped neck, EMG 81/85 Combo
      Marshall FJA Signature modded JMP 1979 50 watt
      Marshall JVM205H
      Marshall 1960AX cabinet(w/ 2 V30's & 2 G12M Greenbacks)
      Empty(unloaded)Laney 2x12
      + a bunch of pedals

Comment

i feel pretty much the same way as what jeff said, though i did like the dimebucker. i think the mini-hum layered with the super D would sound pretty damn awesome
        Originally posted by Aceman
        It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Working...
        X