X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If your MIDI keyboard doesn't work...

Get a mac.

Wow.
    I have had this Alessis Photon 25 keyboard for a few years but it didn't work with Vista, driver incompatibility or something. Everything I tried didn't work.

So I installed XP. It kinda worked with mucho latency. I installed some different drivers and set things up differently in Cubase and got it to work with minimal latency...but still you could feel it. It took me ages to get this thing working.

I got a mac from a friend. Plugged the keyboard in, fired up Garageband. WHAMMO! It works flawlessly with unnoticeable latency (at least to me and even more so when comparing it with the previous pc setup).

I'm not saying that PC wouldn't have done a great job, but man was it ever easy on the mac.
    "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
    "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
    "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
    "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Re: If your MIDI keyboard doesn't work...

Yeh drivers are often a problem on windows I've found thats the advantage Mac's have. I prefer the whole VST to AU plugin wise and VSTi are awesome but I can see some reasons to go Mac
    Gondola Kid
    Bandcamp
    Facebook
    JimijaymesGuitarist
    Youtube

Comment

Working...
    X