Boss BR-800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss BR-800

I am thnking about buying this for making a home studio. It is the only affordable multitrack recorder I could find that works directly with software. Comments?

Re: Boss BR-800

I use PreSonus Firestudio interface. it has 8 mic inputs, and connects to your PC through Firewire. It comes with cubase also, which works great for me. And it's not over my head. Also in addition to that, if you wanted you could get one of those drum track softwares which are becomming quite popular... I always just record the drums myself (I have been drumming for 12-13 years) But if you want one of the recorders with all the sliders, those work too, just not as simple.
    1975 Fender Stratocaster W/ Floyd Rose + mods
    2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio w/Floyd Rose, Scalloped neck, EMG 81/85 Combo
    Marshall FJA Signature modded JMP 1979 50 watt
    Marshall JVM205H
    Marshall 1960AX cabinet(w/ 2 V30's & 2 G12M Greenbacks)
    Empty(unloaded)Laney 2x12
    + a bunch of pedals

Comment

Re: Boss BR-800

I looked at the Presonus but I like the idea of having a portable device that can also interact directly with computer software. Cubase sounds like it is easy to use. I tried Pro Tools LE with a Digidesign Eleven rack but could not get it installed on two different computers. Tech support was at a loss to explain why. Now I am skeptical of anything Avid/Pro Tools.

Comment

Working...
      X