Shred Metal Chord Progressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shred Metal Chord Progressions

Hey guys, I have a question for all you shredders out there. I need some common chord progressions used for shred, power metal, or just any long, complex chord progressions out there. I have the chops to play some far out stuff, but I just need some progressions to get me on the right track. The kind of progressions I'm talking about are ones such as Yngwie, DragonForce, Jason Becker, Sonata Arctica, etc. that are very long and complicated. By long, I mean that they involve many chords. Also, it would help if someone could tell me how to construct these progressions myself so I won't have to rely on you guys every time I write a song (but you're actually reliable enough that I could do that ) So any help would be great. Thanks.

~Jim
    For info about my equipment, recordings, guitar lessons, and other cool stuff, check out www.jimzucco.tk

Re: Shred Metal Chord Progressions

hmm.. if you want riffing, nothinf beats the mastermind behind Running Wild. rolf is a riffmaster like NO other. just go and download some stuff (like treasure island, victory, black hand inn, rivalry to name a few) but thats riffs you really cant play a lead line over it.. but listen for reference.. i dont know anything off the top of ym head at teh moment

as for straightforwad power metal stuff, EdGuy uses a pretty basic progression (the usual 3), with a b and A thrown in for good measure

TO will be of more use than me here

Comment

Working...
    X