Telecaster Noodlings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telecaster Noodlings

Made a noodle of the new Squier CV50s LINK Of course it sounds more compressed through soundclick, but..

Signal=crappy fingers, new D'ad EXP strings, stock CV50s into the amp= my aging laptop and it's built in mic was used to record it through windows sound recorder (converted to MP3 via CDex)

First 45 sec is through the Fender Tweed Deluxe model on the Vox VT15 modeller.

46 sec through roughly 1:24 is the Fender Tweed Twin model

1:25-3:00 is the Vox AC15 model (not TB)

from here on out= Marshall 2203

3:01-3:50 is the Marshall 2203 all at "noon" (T/M/B, Gain)

3:51 ( please pardon me incorporating the bass line into that first riff) is the gain up to 2 oclock. Just a phaser and more reverb for the RT stuff-

5:25 to the abrupt end is the mids pushed to 3 o clock, treble to 2 oclock, and the gain up full.

Amp attentuator is not being used- (i.e. no Valve reactor saturation)
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: Telecaster Noodlings

proving once again a cheap Squier can sound great... love the Yardbirds riff!

Comment

Thanks!

Indeed this little tele (well about 9 pounds of it, actually ) sounds far greater than the price paid would indicate (and my crappy recording setup and playing does it no justice, either)
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Holy! Those 60's riffs are Killer! At first I was like "oh a neato C/W clip" and then the Rawk came down!

Just got a set of those coated EXP's myself, gonna try them this week.

That Vox has pretty good tone on this end of the speakers.

9 pounds? Is that average or heavy for a Tele?

Comment

Thanks Bro-but I need to do a better clip. Gunshy for the record button, cos I've been playing much better thabn the clip would indicate.

I'd say it's heavy comparitively- prolly by about 1-2 pounds. But it's Pine, not Alder or Ash, so..

The EXPs are suprisingly good-I'm not normally a fan at all of D'addario strings, but these so far have not gotten dull/lost that sheen like standard Dads do after a couple of hours. Nice strings. Good feel. But I'm gonna try a pack of the Coated Slinkys first- I think the (regular) Slinkys have a bit better tone on this guitar: clearer without being 'thinner".

Comment

Love it!! All the way from spanky clean to pretty dirty! Yardbirds...a litle blues, some old R&R...good job!!

-dave
            I don't believe anything I say and only half of what you hear....

Comment

Originally posted by darnright View Post
              Love it!! All the way from spanky clean to pretty dirty! Yardbirds...a litle blues, some old R&R...good job!!-dave
              Thank You for the Kudos, Dave

I'm hoping to get a better clip up tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
              X