banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMG85 Straight Into Trem-O-Verb (Modern Metal / Full Band)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG85 Straight Into Trem-O-Verb (Modern Metal / Full Band)

Hey guys,

I recorded a couple tracks with the band during what I guess was all the way back around Christmas time. And it just occurred to me that someone around here might like to hear what a Mesa Trem-O-Verb can sound like in a modern metal setting when it's run straight into an EMG 85-85-SA equipped Strat with a band around it. I only added some post-recording delay to the leads, and had bumped up the gain slightly on the leads as I hadn't gotten my OD-9 yet at the time.

Not perfect recordings by any stretch of the imagination though. Keep in mind especially on the drums that we were using five mics on an eight piece kit, none of which were drum mics unless you count the SM-57 on the snare! So the bass drum really only comes out to play if you've got a bass-heavy system.

Personal critiques on the guitar tone: I love the sound overall, though I definitely need to work on finding ways for it to cut through more without it overpowering everything else. It's quad-tracked, so it's plenty thick. Just need to find a bit more bite without it getting to tinny or nasally. At the time the EMG strat was my only six-string not having electronics issues, otherwise I would have done the second layer of guitars with my Air Zone strat which I think would have helped. And in the future I'll probably try using the OD-9 to tighten some of the rhythms and make them pop.

Anyways, here's the link: http://www.myspace.com/modernprometheustheband

Hope someone enjoys it!
    Gear:
    Main Guitar Rig
    2007 L.E. MusicMan JP-7 Blue Dawn
    2005 Fender J.V. Strat- AirZone/SDS-1
    80's MIJ Fender Strat- HHS- EMG85/85/SA
    Mesa/Boogie Trem-O-Verb Dual Rectifier Head EL-34s
    Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Recto Cab V-30s
    Morley Limited Edition Bad Horsie Wah
    Peterson StroboStomp Tuner

Re: EMG85 Straight Into Trem-O-Verb (Modern Metal / Full Band)

Ouch, myspace?
    upload some clips to a higher quality hosting solution

Comment

double post

Comment

I dunno...these are the full AIFFs. They sound just like the copies on my computer to me...
        Gear:
        Main Guitar Rig
        2007 L.E. MusicMan JP-7 Blue Dawn
        2005 Fender J.V. Strat- AirZone/SDS-1
        80's MIJ Fender Strat- HHS- EMG85/85/SA
        Mesa/Boogie Trem-O-Verb Dual Rectifier Head EL-34s
        Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Recto Cab V-30s
        Morley Limited Edition Bad Horsie Wah
        Peterson StroboStomp Tuner

Comment

Sorry dude, not a chance - MySpace compression changes the sound of a mix drastically, as it's basically a super low bitrate mp3.
          www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Working...
          X