banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My bands Iron Maiden cover (wasting love)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bands Iron Maiden cover (wasting love)

Hey guys trying to figure this posting thing out, please have a listen to my bands cover of wasting love, and flight of icarus both by iron maiden. Id really appreciate your thoughts, any and all comments are wanted! Also keep in mind were all around 14, theres no singing, and the drummer played bass on these tracks. Thanks!

Heres are the links (hope it works)- http://doubleexcel.com/music/wasting_love.mp3

Thanks again guys!- Andrew

P.S. If the links dont work, go to our website directly, Doubleexcel.com, go to downloads, and the two songs are there aswell- thanks!

Re: My bands Iron Maiden cover (wasting love)

bump no comments?

Comment

Whoa! Sounds really really good! I dig the distortion, real crunchy and fat. Nice, clean playing too. I wish I had a band, you guys are goin places! It'd be safe to say you're better than just about every local band in my town. Keep on a' rockin' and posting clips!
      Watch My Videos
      Photography
      www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
      "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

Sweet clips. Great overall sound. One thing to work on would be the fluidness of the solos, but even those are played pretty well (kickass for a 14yr old, nonetheless). Cool, thanks for the listen! Keep it up!

Comment

ok, expect a very critic review..

did you record FOI with downtuned guitars? anyway, the sound is WAY too bassy.. it sounds downtuned man.. you know that it's a felony playing maiden with anything else but standard tuning? try to focus the rythm guitars and the bass a bit more. it needs to be more twangy, in your face (especially the bass). the playing is superb though. solo is to the point and rocking, like it should be. also, the drums seem to be too much in the background

Wasting love. you probably have a recording problem as the bass is way too loud and it starts clipping the signal. guitar sounds good and so do the drums. how do you EQ your guitars and the bass? the mids should not go lower than 8, with the heights at 5 and bass at 4, with the volume 2 more than the highest you can turn it. (there was a slight mistake (there it is again) with the drums being off synch). you need to work on the timings on this one and polish it better, but you got the skill to play it. like i said before, the playing is awesome, you just have to focus on the sound (maybe live it sounds as it should, but on the recording it's way too bassy for maiden. cheap mic?

yea, i sound anal, but what do you expect from a die hard maiden fan?

Comment

any and all comments are wanted!
            You solicited opinions, so ...
            Sorry, but I had a very hard time listening to this.
            I'm a huge Maiden fan, and my playing is very much influenced by Maiden.
            While I'm ecstatic that you guys took the time out to learn songs that actually require guitar playing , I'm not sure what you want me to comment on, so I'll keep it short and sweet:

Performance is too loose and sloppy. Timing is off in many places. Bass is WAY too loud. Very muddy sounding. Guitar sounds out of tune just enough to be annoying to those that are pitch sensitive.

You have passion for what you're doing, so I'm sure you can overcome these obstacles in time. A+++ for effort -- keep on playing!! I'm really looking forward to your next clip!
            Last edited by TwilightOdyssey; 11-05-2004, 08:40 PM.
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

thanks guys were gunna try and tighten up the sound a bit and tighten it up, kinda hard recording drums first when im playing thru a small fender practice amp to my drummer who wearing headphones (meaning i cant hear myself) thanks tho

Comment

commin up next were gunna try and do the new maiden tune rainmaker, sorry to diehard fans if we piss you off by playin incorrectly as i said we are a young band and with our recording equip its hard, thanks though! expect rainmaker to be up tommorowish(geat tune)

Comment

Originally posted by RhoadsDude1022
                  commin up next were gunna try and do the new maiden tune rainmaker, sorry to diehard fans if we piss you off by playin incorrectly as i said we are a young band and with our recording equip its hard, thanks though! expect rainmaker to be up tommorowish(geat tune)
                  It IS a great tune -- by all means, don't stop recording, learning new stuff, or practicing! And keep posting your progress! We're all interested!
                  Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                  My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Hey thanks for the constructive critisism, as i said the drummer played the bass, well turn that down, i might redo the guitar, etc but thanks again always lookin ways to improve!

Comment

My Thoughts:
                      I'm glad to hear that smeone your age is listening and learning Iron Maiden tunes (+1)

The guitar sounds a bit out of tune on FOI, some of the timing is off. The guitar solo sounds as though it gets the feel pretty good. It needs to be tighter, however Dave and Adrian are tough to play exactly correct (IMO) so I no points off there. It sounds liek there too much reverb or something going on there. I'm not sure what it is but it doesn't sound like it is in the same zone as the rest.

I like asting love a lot - especially the semi- clean guitar part. The bass booms too much, if you can fix the bass it will sound a ton better. This could use some tightening up too.
                      Overall - I'm happy with both. Keep up the recordings and the playing , I hear the potential in your playing for good Iron Maiden covers, but tighten it up more.
                      2001 MIA Strat Sunburst w/maple neck. Hot Rails (b), Vintage Rails (m), Cool Rails (n). 2003 MIA Deluxe Fat Strat Sunburst w/maple neck.

Comment

hey thanks fender, it means a lot!

Comment

Working...
                        X