Back In Black Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back In Black Cover

So a while ago Samuschief started a thread to see if anyone was interested in doing a cover. I volunteered to do the rhythm track and we waited to see if anyone would contribute the drum, bass and vocal tracks. We didn't get any takers, so Samus is going to do vocals and lead and he got a backing track off the net.

So I recorded the rhythm parts over the last week or so, after getting my recording issues sorted out and finally having an amp to play though to monitor what I am recording. The first version posted is the backing track Samus sent, and it is from a live version of the song. I couldn't figure out why my timing was so off at first.....I just chalked it up to not playing a whole lot over the past few years. However, after finishing the song I listened to the original again and noticed that the temp0 to the backing track I was using was a fair bit faster than the original. Anyhow, I finished it, but am not completely satisfied with the result. I am probably going to record it again.

I also found another backing track on the net, much closer to the original tempo, but it has vocals. Can't find another one without vocals....without paying for one.

Anyhow, I am posting both versions here to get just a bit of feedback. Be nice, since I haven't played too much and am working on getting my timing back. Also, none of the guitar tracks on either version have any effects, compression or anything yet....they are all just raw with only some very mild distortion coming from my GT-6.

The first one is the original Samus sent me, with no vocals. The 2nd one has vocals added. I haven't added the rhythm fills in the verses on the 2nd one yet......its just really basic right now. As long as we're doing this, I thought it should be as good as it can possibly be.

Enjoy and feedback is welcome.

Version With No Vocals

Version With Vocals
    My Sound Clips

Re: Back In Black Cover

Good stuff man, sounds like a fun time.

Comment

cool
      i think you hit the main points in your self review
      keep goin' with it!

t4d
      gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Wait until you hear MY singing... Wrapping it up with some EQ to remove the pops and such.
        Originally posted by jmh151
        I'd hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the King of England
        Originally posted by jeremy
        like if we were walking down the sidewalk and you said "hey check her out" chances are i already saw her and mentally sodomized her
        Originally posted by grumptruck
        Media only reports on what the sheeple wanna see/hear/read.
        Sometimes not read.
        dats hard

Comment

Sound good..... but I do agree pull it back a couple clicks so it will groove better and the riffs wont sound so rushed....

Comment

I think it sounds good man, keep at it. Sure wish people made rock like this still.
            Pulse 2AM - YouTube
            Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Sounding good you guys!
              Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
              Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Nice Jeff
                BASSES: Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass/Ric 4003 Bass (Blue)
                Fender 51 P Bass RI/Traveler Bass
                Schecter 5 String (Sunburst)/Gibson SG EBO RI
                Epiphone Rivoli (VC Sunburst)
                Warwick Thumb BO/Kramer DMZ 4000/
                Fender Jazz 72 RI (Sunburst)/Ernie Ball Earthwood ABG
                Fender P Bass (White)/DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe (Black)
                Gibson 09 Thunderbird (Sunburst)
                Fender Jazz Bass 5 string (Sunburst)/Fender HMT bass (Red)
                Gibson EBO

Comment

Sounds good!
                  Who's singing on the 2nd one?

Comment

Its just the backing track he used. I don't know the name, though.
                    I'd hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the King of England
                    like if we were walking down the sidewalk and you said "hey check her out" chances are i already saw her and mentally sodomized her
                    Sometimes not read.
                    dats hard

Comment

Originally posted by Nightburst View Post
                      Sounds good!
                      Who's singing on the 2nd one?
                      No clue who it is. I found it on the web at a guitar backing track site. It doesn't sound too bad though.

I'm working on putting together the vocal and lead tracks Samuschief just sent me. Hope to have something done before long.
                      My Sound Clips

Comment

Haha vocals are pretty bad, huh?
                        Sometimes not read.
                        dats hard

Comment

Believe it or not, I never get the right timing doing that "solo" part of the riff (the 3-0 3-0 thing)... Shame on me.

BTW: good stuff man. =)

Comment

Just tap your foot along with it. Start it in between taps. Or use a matronome. That's how I learned the beat to it! This really is the Tips and Clips section!
                            Sometimes not read.
                            dats hard

Comment

Guitar tones sound good.

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
                              I think it sounds good man, keep at it. Sure wish people made rock like this still.
                              There are actually.

Comment

Working...
                              X