A Little 80's Metal For Ya'll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little 80's Metal For Ya'll

Just some fun goofing around this afternoon. Used my Boss GT-6 on the Marshall SLP amp model, a little DS-1 for extra dirt, straight into the soundcard. No effects other than the distortion from the amp model. I'm not totally happy with the little lead fills throughout....I can't seem to get them to sit in the mix the way I want them to, but I'm tired of messing with it for tonight. It's good enough to be fun. I got the backing track off the net, no guitars....just drums, bass and vocals.

I left in a few mistakes and string squeaks so you guys wouldn't know...errrr....think, that I'm really CC Deville.

Edit: The guitar was my Alvarez Dana Scoop with a PATB-1 in the bridge, and it's the only pickup used for this song. I double tracked the rhythm parts and the solo (I didn't cheat, I actually double tracked instead of duplicating) and then panned one track hard left and one hard right....it seemed to balance a bit better that way.

Enjoy!

Talk Dirty To Me

Talk Dirty To Me (Guitar Remix)
    Last edited by Jeff_H; 11-13-2010, 06:01 PM.
    My Sound Clips

Re: A Little 80's Metal For Ya'll

interesting song choice, hehe - sounds cool

Comment

That's really good!
      Originally posted by jmh151
      I'd hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the King of England
      Originally posted by jeremy
      like if we were walking down the sidewalk and you said "hey check her out" chances are i already saw her and mentally sodomized her
      Originally posted by grumptruck
      Media only reports on what the sheeple wanna see/hear/read.
      Sometimes not read.
      dats hard

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
        interesting song choice, hehe - sounds cool
        Yeah, I'm somewhat limited by the backing tracks I can find, oh and by my ability. There are plenty of songs that I'm just not fast enough to play. I'm working on it though. I figured it's time to stop learning just parts of songs and learn the whole thing. It should improve my playing.

I just miss hearing songs that are fun. I don't always want to slit my wrist after I hear a song.

Originally posted by SamusChief View Post
        That's really good!
        Thanks man. Just goofing around. I'm not sure I really want to spend the time to nail all of the little fill riffs and then find a way to mix them in right. I'll probably just get it good enough and leave it.

One day I'd like to be able to burn a disc of cover songs that I've done. I have a few that I've done with other forum members, and those are always my favorites.
        My Sound Clips

Comment

Nice job Jeff! very solid work
          BASSES: Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass/Ric 4003 Bass (Blue)
          Fender 51 P Bass RI/Traveler Bass
          Schecter 5 String (Sunburst)/Gibson SG EBO RI
          Epiphone Rivoli (VC Sunburst)
          Warwick Thumb BO/Kramer DMZ 4000/
          Fender Jazz 72 RI (Sunburst)/Ernie Ball Earthwood ABG
          Fender P Bass (White)/DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe (Black)
          Gibson 09 Thunderbird (Sunburst)
          Fender Jazz Bass 5 string (Sunburst)/Fender HMT bass (Red)
          Gibson EBO

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Medic_05 View Post
            Nice job Jeff! very solid work
            Thanks Steve!
            My Sound Clips

Comment

Friggin' nailed it! Nice tone.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
                Friggin' nailed it! Nice tone.
                Thanks man, it was fun.
                My Sound Clips

Comment

Great job man.

Comment

nice! those backing tracks are pretty cool too. did you do the bass?

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                      Great job man.
                      Thanks Jolly!

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
                      nice! those backing tracks are pretty cool too. did you do the bass?
                      Naw, not me. I've played the bass on a track or two many years ago....just simple stuff though. To me it sounds like someone was just able to take all the guitars out of the track. It's actually a really quiet track and you can't hear any residual background guitar like you can on some backing tracks. It sure makes it a lot easier when your backing track is good quality.

BTW, if anyone want's the backing track just let me know and I can e-mail you an mp3, or I can post it here.

Thanks to all!
                      My Sound Clips

Comment

Sounds great Jeff! I'm enjoying this very much as I'm on a 80's high lately.
                        The Boss GT units are great and I think this proves that modeling can sound good in the right hands.

It's probably a guitar hero track, those are good quality and perfect for guitarist.
                        Last edited by Nightburst; 11-12-2010, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightburst View Post
                          Sounds great Jeff! I'm enjoying this very much as I'm on a 80's high lately.
                          The Boss GT units are great and I think this proves that modeling can sound good in the right hands.

It's probably a guitar hero track, those are good quality and perfect for guitarist.
                          Thanks NB. I'm listening to a lot of 80's and 90's rock and metal tunes now as well, although I usually do it's even more so lately.

The Boss GT's have some really good tones in them. I know the 6 is outdated now, but for me there is no need to upgrade now. It would be nice to have a few more amp models, but oh well. I've always managed to get good recorded tones out of it.

I still prefer the sound of a cranked Marshall, but living in a condo doesn't afford me the opportunity to crank such a beast....even if I still owned one. For quiet recording the GT-6 does pretty well.
                          My Sound Clips

Comment

You really should check out amplitube 3 Jeff, that's one great program! Absolutely one of the best modeling programs out there.
                            Or maybe that little blackstar 5W stack, it's perfect for apartement use. There's a demo on youtube where they show that it still sounds cranked while the volume is almost all the way back!

Comment

I've been singing this song all day cause of you...lol

Comment

Working...
                              X