my treatise(sp?) on guitar sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my treatise(sp?) on guitar sound

what i found out over the last few weeks, on my journey to the ultimate tone.
    there is no such thing. it's an illusion your mind is trying to trick you into. you think you got it, but then you sleep over it and discover that you dont like it and you are in for a darker sound.

so, i came to this conclusion:
    Perfect guitar sound does not exist, only a guitar sound that fits the song perfectly, or absolutely not. be that a duncan loaded jackson through a soldano or a beaten up stock squire through a radio.
    obviously one doesnt work in a high gain power metal enviroment as the other doesnt fit into the dirty blues rock kind of song, but when used in the right 'accent' of the song, it just fits and those things make each song KICK ARSE in it's own way.

so i announce:
    my quest for sound is over. from now on i'll work with each song individualy

anybody else feel the same?

Re: my treatise(sp?) on guitar sound

i see your point, but a lot of the reason people play through nice guitars, amps and pickups is for their own, personal pleasure...

fine, it makes for a better gig having better gear, and IMO playing a guitar you love gives you a bit more confidence, but its no good if i can't sit and love the sound i get sitting in my room with it..

my .02, anyway

Comment

My quest is to write songs peopel enjoy. If I happen to have a killer tone at the time, so much the better!
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I would call that your "theory on guitar sound".

A "treatise" is more systematic, which usually makes it longer than 2 paragraphs...much longer...

That being said, I agree with your theory. However, we haven't had the other more ravenous tone-hounds on this website critically evaluate your theory...

Comment

I agree, play for the song, not for the tone, but the tone has still gotta be good, just fitting with the song.
          "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

no good having the most beautiful songs in the world if the audience already have their fingers in their ears

Comment

Originally posted by Imp
              i see your point, but a lot of the reason people play through nice guitars, amps and pickups is for their own, personal pleasure...

fine, it makes for a better gig having better gear, and IMO playing a guitar you love gives you a bit more confidence, but its no good if i can't sit and love the sound i get sitting in my room with it..

my .02, anyway
              it is awesome to have a rig the size of your living room, but if it doesnt work it's useless eh?

My quest is to write songs peopel enjoy. If I happen to have a killer tone at the time, so much the better!

I would call that your "theory on guitar sound". A "treatise" is more systematic, which usually makes it longer than 2 paragraphs...much longer... That being said, I agree with your theory. However, we haven't had the other more ravenous tone-hounds on this website critically evaluate your theory...
              ok, then call it a theory, i couldnt decide what to name the thread and treatise popped in my mind =P however good i speak/type english, it's still not my 1st language

I agree, play for the song, not for the tone, but the tone has still gotta be good, just fitting with the song.
              no good having the most beautiful songs in the world if the audience already have their fingers in their ears
              thats what i mean =)

Comment

Loads of quoting going on there, LOL

But yeah, I totally agree
                "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

Working...
                X