banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annnnddddd....Another new song by my Band for anyone who cares...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annnnddddd....Another new song by my Band for anyone who cares...

Yep, another one...

Check it out if ya want...if not...ya know...don't, haha...Also, we've extended the free Mp3 downloads until the end of the year...so ya got about 24-48 hours to download all our stuff for free.
    www.experimentsinlowfidelity.com

Originally posted by Aceman
    I like the cream in there. Don't know why.

Re: Annnnddddd....Another new song by my Band for anyone who cares...

Another really good song. I like the way you stay consistent with the style while still making it interesting.
    My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
    or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
    http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
    700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

It's actually cool. It sounds unpolished and natural. Lacks professional aspects like mixing and stereo imaging. The drum is too dominant in it's attitude, and don't get down with the mood well.
      I like the vocals, and enjoy the vocal melodies.
      The guitar melody needs some vibrato (the one before the chorus)

If mixed well and played a bit better, the well written song will reach more people.
      Cheers!
      www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Originally posted by 75lespaul View Post
        Another really good song. I like the way you stay consistent with the style while still making it interesting.
        Thanks!

Originally posted by daemon barbeque View Post
        It's actually cool. It sounds unpolished and natural. Lacks professional aspects like mixing and stereo imaging. The drum is too dominant in it's attitude, and don't get down with the mood well.
        I like the vocals, and enjoy the vocal melodies.
        The guitar melody needs some vibrato (the one before the chorus)

If mixed well and played a bit better, the well written song will reach more people.
        Cheers!
        K, well first...thanks for the Compliments!

Now I hope this all doesn't come off ****ty...but, As far as the "Unpolished, and Natural" thing...I don't view that as a bad thing really...I mean obviously, the mix could sound more "radio ready" or whatever...But this is pretty much a demo mix, so, imperfection is to be expected.
        As far as the "artistic input" you gave...
        No, the drums are not too dominant in their attitude. They fit the attitude we were going for. I wrote the song, I know what the attitude should be.
        No, the guitar does not need vibrato on the pre-chorus melody...Had I wanted it to have vibrato, or thought it needed vibrato, I would have played it with vibrato. But I didn't, because that didn't give off the feel I wanted. So therefore it didn't happen.

So basically I agree with your opinion of the Mix...Not Polished, but raw and real instead. Which I view as a good thing for the most part....Obviously, at some point we will be going to Record in a more proper studio, and get someone who Knows they're **** to do the mixing/mastering, haha. But this is a demo mix, so its not gonna be perfect.
        Also I do really appreciate the compliments. But, I'm not really looking for artistic input (the drum and guitar comments) from random people on the internet, or really anyone outside the band. There are a few exceptions, people I really respect as musicians, songwriters, producers, etc... But thanks for the input anyways.

Again, I really didn't mean this to come off dickish...so try not to take it that way.

Comment

Well, It's your song and you have to know what you want to tell with it! But I as a fellow musician and your audience, think that the drums are "separated" from every other instrument in the song. That was what I said, and as a 20 years of drumming experience, I think I am qualified to tell that!
          The vibrato thing is pretty much a matter of taste maybe, but the plain strings are not perfectly in tune and they sound of without the proper vibrato.

Anyways, I don't want to sound dickish either, so it was just positive criticism. Hope it helps! Cheers!
          www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

man...we should jam. we'd be all rolling stones weaving guitar lines and ****. you sound like a man who appreciates a nice set of single coils and an old fender amp.

and pdeals.

and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
              man...we should jam. we'd be all rolling stones weaving guitar lines and ****. you sound like a man who appreciates a nice set of single coils and an old fender amp.

and pdeals.

and stuff.
              I do enjoy all those things...specially the old fender amps, and pedals. haha. C'mon up to Chicago, we'll jam.

Comment

Working...
              X