My latest blues song - Low Rise Jeans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest blues song - Low Rise Jeans

I finished this just Sunday night, January 2nd.
    Low Rise Jeans
    The guitar is my Godin Progression with the stock pickups through a Fender Super Sonic into a Mesa cab with 2 Vintage 30's. Mic was an SM-57. With the volume on the amp at 4, I was able to move between clean and overdriven tones just by turning the volume knob on my guitar.
    The bass was a Peavey Foundation through a Sansamp Bass Driver DI, into my GK head and Hartke Transporter Series 1-15 cab, mic'ed with a Stedman N90, and a direct track that I ran through Ampeg SVX bass amp sim software, simulating that old Ampeg B15 or whatever bass combo amp.

I also used the Nomad Factory MAGNETIC tape simulation plugin to get the sound of analog tape. I might have overdone it a bit with that.
    "Just like bad gas, they (metal riffs) sneak out every once in a while."
    Jah Paul Jo - Dread Zeppelin
    guitar pic site
    Original prog rock on soundcloud
    Original ambient guitar pieces on soundcloud
    Original blues on soundcloud.com

Re: My latest blues song - Low Rise Jeans

LOL!!!!!!! Reminds me of a Blues Ray Stevens! Good playing and amusing lyrics!
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Re: My latest blues song - Low Rise Jeans

Nice homey feel to the recording. I do recognize some of those 1970's riffs that I still play.

Comment

Working...
      X