Tz8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tz8

Tonezone with an A8 magnet is my new best friend; just wanted to share its tone.
    First clip posting, woot!

also, another tz8 clip. Merry belated xmas???

The above clips are the tz8 in basswood RG straight into retubed Bogner alchemist 1x12 with an Emi Swamp Thang, mic'd at low volume with a 609 straight on, no preamp, no DAW effects or EQ
    Thanks!
    Rob

Edit: In retrospect, I needed more info
    Last edited by RobSoundtrack; 01-11-2011, 11:46 PM. Reason: Not enough info

Re: Tz8

Wow! That sounds damn good! Sounds like it tightened up a bit and smoothed out the mid bump. Does it still get vocal when you dig in?

Comment

Ah sweet tones man!
      Really dig it!

Comment

Mmmm. Has a nice "Awww" to it.

Comment

Thankyou all a ton!!!

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
          Wow! That sounds damn good! Sounds like it tightened up a bit and smoothed out the mid bump. Does it still get vocal when you dig in?
          Yes very; this feeling is different. It feels like it bites when you tell it to, and sings when you tell it to.
          Like a bite of a Paf pro, with more singing capability (and loads more power on tap.)

Addendum: In the first clip, I am using the same pickup, amp settings, etc. The only thing changing, besides volume in the mix, is pick angle/attack. Nothing else!!

The beginning, I can cut deep.
          By the end, I'm flat on it getting it to sing.
          Can't think of another pickup that will do this...yet
          Last edited by RobSoundtrack; 01-12-2011, 02:11 AM. Reason: editing for reason

Comment

Originally posted by RobSoundtrack View Post
            Thankyou all a ton!!!

Yes very; this feeling is different. It feels like it bites when you tell it to, and sings when you tell it to.
            Like a bite of a Paf pro, with more singing capability (and loads more power on tap.)

Addendum: In the first clip, I am using the same pickup, amp settings, etc. The only thing changing, besides volume in the mix, is pick angle/attack. Nothing else!!

The beginning, I can cut deep.
            By the end, I'm flat on it getting it to sing.
            Can't think of another pickup that will do this...yet
            Ah, I can hear that. Very cool! I'll definitely have to try this out some day. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Comment

Thanks for listening!
              About to go crazy on a PAF pro

Comment

Working...
              X