banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

School me on multi track digital recorders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School me on multi track digital recorders.

My bro came over tonight with a Boss BR-600 digital recorder and it sounded way better then I thought it would. Just set it in the band room and recorded some drums with the internal mics only and I was blown away by the sound quality. I never was interested in one until now. So is there a better one or cheaper one that's just as good as the Boss out there? Any others I should read about?
    Last edited by Richard; 01-24-2011, 05:43 AM.
    Guitar:
    2 EBMM Axis Super Sports, EBMM Sub1, Peavey Wolfgang
    Amp:
    EVH 5150III 50Watt>Mesa 4X12
    Effects:
    G-System>ISP G-String>ClinchFX EP-PRE>Stinkbug

Re: School me on multi track digital recorders.

The Boss models are based on the Roland VS series.

Good machines.
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

they should sound better with the right microphones

Comment

Edit: it was a Boss BR-600
        Guitar:
        Amp:
        Effects:

Comment

The largest factor in getting a good recording are the mics, their proper placement and the room/space in which you record. If those three things are under control any modern digital recording system will yield good results.

Comment

I had tons o fun a few years back with an Akai DPS12. 12 stracks of sweetness on an internal hard drive. However, it was limited to SCSI-interface drives, though there was an IDE adapter board you could get.

Then again, I'm not sure if the newer 7200 RPM drives would work on it, and I don't know if the older 5400 RPM (or whatever they used to be) drives can even be found.
            Originally posted by Brown Note
            I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
            My Blog

Comment

they are kind of a dying breed.

If I were to get another, I'd definitely get a Zoom R16 16-Track SD Digital Multi-Track Recorder/Interface, since it doubles as a controller for a DAW, and at some point you'll likely be at the computer, if not during tracking at least for mixing/mastering.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                they are kind of a dying breed.

If I were to get another, I'd definitely get a Zoom R16 16-Track SD Digital Multi-Track Recorder/Interface, since it doubles as a controller for a DAW, and at some point you'll likely be at the computer, if not during tracking at least for mixing/mastering.
                Yes. I have always recorded mixed and mastered my music right on the computer using acid pro. I want one that works with a DAW so i can point and click to cut and paste. Thx for the tip. I see the boss BR 800 might be exactly what I'm looking for. I'm going to check out that zoom but I have never been a big fan of zoom.
                Guitar:
                Amp:
                Effects:

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
                  Yes. I have always recorded mixed and mastered my music right on the computer using acid pro. I want one that works with a DAW so i can point and click to cut and paste. Thx for the tip. I see the boss BR 800 might be exactly what I'm looking for. I'm going to check out that zoom but I have never been a big fan of zoom.
                  the boss may have similar controller capabilities. I've never used a controller with mixing, but I'd like to - I love "riding the faders" when mixing, which I can't do in the box anymore.

Comment

I have a Tascam 2488 that I love, I really use more as a data collector. Meaning I record on it but don't really mix or use many of the other features, I shoot the tracks out to /wav files and bring them into whatever we'll mix with. I have heard some pretty imprssive things mixed on it though. Mine has been rock solid and very easy to use, you can score the newer version used in the low $300's, totally worth it in my book.
                    My Bands -
                    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Working...
                    X