banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CALL OF CTHULU, Track 03 (Less eerie, more cinamatic) Full orchestra inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CALL OF CTHULU, Track 03 (Less eerie, more cinamatic) Full orchestra inside!

I went whole hog with the arranging on this one. Kept to the same progression (Dm/Gm), but made it more cinematic with a more lush approach.

It was, however, VERY time consuming!! Took me something like 5 days to arrange!!

REVISED LINK: http://soundcloud.com/bena/coc3b
    Last edited by TwilightOdyssey; 02-03-2011, 10:32 PM.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Re: CALL OF CTHULU, Track 03 (Less eerie, more cinamatic) Full orchestra inside!

Dude, this is beautiful. FWIW, I think you've given it the wrong name. This piece is noble and orchestral and I wish to God that I could write material like this. Is this the prelude to another tune? Good job, whatever the answer! It sounds like a movie soundtrack!
    www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Re: CALL OF CTHULU, Track 03 (Less eerie, more cinamatic) Full orchestra inside!

Originally posted by Hellion View Post
      Dude, this is beautiful. FWIW, I think you've given it the wrong name. This piece is noble and orchestral and I wish to God that I could write material like this. Is this the prelude to another tune? Good job, whatever the answer! It sounds like a movie soundtrack!
      Thanks for the amazing feedback! I blush ...

This is written as mood music, actually, for the Call of Cthulu game I'm going to be running. It's the 3rd piece I've written for it.

The first two are decidedly more eerie and ethereal; this one uses the same themes, but tarted up a bit.

Here are the other 2 pieces; there is a thread for each of 'em, too:

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

They are all linked by the same chord change of Dm/Gm. Otherwise, they are quite different from each other. There will be about 12 pieces when I'm done. I want an hour's worth of music that I can loop.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
        Thanks for the amazing feedback! I blush ...

This is written as mood music, actually, for the Call of Cthulu game I'm going to be running. It's the 3rd piece I've written for it.

The first two are decidedly more eerie and ethereal; this one uses the same themes, but tarted up a bit.

Here are the other 2 pieces; there is a thread for each of 'em, too:

They are all linked by the same chord change of Dm/Gm. Otherwise, they are quite different from each other. There will be about 12 pieces when I'm done. I want an hour's worth of music that I can loop.
        Well, whatever you do with it, I think it's great. The other two pieces are just as amazing. The CoC1b track at the end gives a hint to Faith No More's end to "Epic", then goes into something else entirely. I love the way the coc2 track starts out with that solitary flute and bell. And there's something beautiful about the way piano and flute go together, don't you think? I'm inspired again. Thanks for sharing, Ben!
        Last edited by Hellion; 02-03-2011, 10:53 PM.
        www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Amazing! Can't wait to hear the other ones!

Comment

Nice one! I like it. What are you using for your Orchestral samples?
            Pulse 2AM - YouTube
            Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
              Amazing! Can't wait to hear the other ones!
              Thanks! I already have ideas for the next two pieces. Hope to get at least one of 'em done over the weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
                Nice one! I like it.
                Thank you, sire.

What are you using for your Orchestral samples?
                This particular piece was done using EastWest Symphony Orchestra exclusively. I usually mix n match VSTs for soundtrack work, though ... whatever fits is good. This time I wanted to really stretch out and see what I could cull using a set of 8 orchestral voices.

Comment

It kind of reminds me of the Call of Duty sound track. It's pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                    Thank you, sire.

This particular piece was done using EastWest Symphony Orchestra exclusively. I usually mix n match VSTs for soundtrack work, though ... whatever fits is good. This time I wanted to really stretch out and see what I could cull using a set of 8 orchestral voices.
                    The samples sound good. There was an article from a film composer somewhere back in time that explained a lot of tricks to get samples closer to the real deal, wish I could find it. It's a ton of programming as I'm sure you know.
                    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
                      The samples sound good. There was an article from a film composer somewhere back in time that explained a lot of tricks to get samples closer to the real deal, wish I could find it. It's a ton of programming as I'm sure you know.
                      Yeah, it's a lot of work, but usually worth the effort. I've found that if you can have one live element, it makes the samples indistinguishable from live instruments. Expression, note choice, and reverb all add to the illusion, also. As a straight up instrumental piece, I think samples will always lack. As background music, they're perfect!

Comment

Working...
                      X