Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Posting Tunes on the Internet

Curious -

I finally have finished my first song in many moons and was thinking of putting it up on the net for craps and giggles. There would be more songs up in the future as I really enjoy the creative aspect of recording.

Are there any pro or cons to using the different music posting sites (Soundclick, Myspace etc....)?

Re: Advice on Posting Tunes on the Internet

Originally posted by macki View Post
    Curious -

I finally have finished my first song in many moons and was thinking of putting it up on the net for craps and giggles. There would be more songs up in the future as I really enjoy the creative aspect of recording.

Are there any pro or cons to using the different music posting sites (Soundclick, Myspace etc....)?
    I would suggest if you want people to listen to it and you plan on promoting your music either now or in the future a Facebook page - I believe you will need a Reverb Nation account to feature your music on Facebook. Just my personal choice, Myspace and Soundclick are fine too.
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
      I would suggest if you want people to listen to it and you plan on promoting your music either now or in the future a Facebook page - I believe you will need a Reverb Nation account to feature your music on Facebook. Just my personal choice, Myspace and Soundclick are fine too.
      +1

You don't have to have a Reverb Nation account to feature your music on facebook though. Theres a soundclick app and a Soundcloud app. As well as "bandpage" (which just uses whatever you put up on Soundcloud). Which I think looks the best of all the players you can have on Facebook.

If ya go to my bands Facebook page (in my sig)...We have both the Bandpage player, and the Soundclick player...so you can see what the two look like...They're easy to find on facebook (just type "bandpage" or "soundclick" into the search bar), and relatively easy to setup.
      www.experimentsinlowfidelity.com

Originally posted by Aceman
      I like the cream in there. Don't know why.

Comment

Low, your page looks great! How do I that? I have a Reverb Nation account but I can't seem to get a player on my Facebook page.
        Pulse 2AM - YouTube
        Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
          Low, your page looks great! How do I that? I have a Reverb Nation account but I can't seem to get a player on my Facebook page.
          I just looked at your facebook (and added/liked it), you have a music player. haha.
          BUT...its not the main "landing" tab...So if you just wanna make the Music player the page people see First when they go to your page...

Sign into your Page...
          Go to the "edit page" page...
          Then "Manage Permissions"...
          in the "manage Permissions" section there'll be a pull down menu labeled "Default Landing Tab", click it and select the app that has your player on it (I think the player is the "My Band Profile" on your page)...

If ya wanna have the same exact thing I have...Type "Bandpage" (one word) into the search bar, and just add the app to your bands page, its got instructions on how to set it up. You'll have to make a soundcloud account though (which is conveniently part of the setup for the app).

If you wanna fully see what your page looks like...Log out of Facebook, and then go to your page.
          For some reason if you're logged in as you (even if not actually "AS" the page), then it makes the page look weird, and certain things don't show up. So to get the full effect and see it as other will...ya gotta log out of Facebook completely. I thought my page's player wasn't working, until I checked the page while not logged in. haha.
          www.experimentsinlowfidelity.com

Originally posted by Aceman
          I like the cream in there. Don't know why.

Comment

Thanks Low!
            Pulse 2AM - YouTube
            Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Working...
            X