Found a clip of the dimarzio fred doing EVH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a clip of the dimarzio fred doing EVH

I am posting this clip cause i think the fred sounds very EVH like,even though the guy playing is not dead on accurate the clip does give a good idea of what the fred sounds like. not half bad tone dupe considering ed played a original 58 gibson V with real deal paf's . enjoy
    Hot For Teacher by my favorite band Van Halen. Big oops at the beginning. I also seem to get a little lost in the timing of the song. It just goes by so fa...

Re: Found a clip of the dimarzio fred doing EVH

Hey if Satch liked it all those years there has to be something to it!

Comment

I have a Fred in a JS1200 and a '78 in a Warmoth build. I could can see getting into the same territory, but the '78 really has a certain character to it that the Fred lacks.

The Fred feels soft compared to the '78 and lacks the "chewy" quality, though it does have a "woody" attribute that is pretty nice.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Binnerscot View Post
        I have a Fred in a JS1200 and a '78 in a Warmoth build. I could can see getting into the same territory, but the '78 really has a certain character to it that the Fred lacks.

The Fred feels soft compared to the '78 and lacks the "chewy" quality, though it does have a "woody" attribute that is pretty nice.

found this and i do hear what you mean
        This is a Seymour Duncan Custom '78 into My Rivera Knucklehead Reverb All tone knobs on 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hunter View Post
          found this and i do hear what you mean
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIZtrOb_xJ0
          Jesus, that '78 sounds killer.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
            Jesus, that '78 sounds killer.
            Hell YEAH it does.

The FRED can actually do EVH tones pretty easily. It's derived from a PAF Pro, which in itself is a pretty good pickup. I think the '78 nails it for that type of thing though but the FRED reproduces some killer harmonics.

Comment

I never knew the 78's sounded that good. Damn

Comment

Dang! About to buy a 78 now!

Comment

Working...
                X