Home Recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Recording

Ok, I'm new to this. I want to start recording my playing (bass, guitar and vocals) on my laptop. I'm looking for a simple (possibly free) software for my laptop to record. Simple is the key word.

Questions:

1. Software package.

2. Cords, connections, etc.. (I have guitars, a Fender Mustang III amp - the ableton software has +500 pages of manual!!! - I need simple)

3. MIcrophone

Thanks in advance!!
    I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS!

Re: Home Recording

Ableton is simple, you don't need to learn every aspect of the software to start using it, just how to record and play back. Then as you need to learn more do it one thing at a time. I would suggest just getting something like the Line 6 Pro Studio UX1 as a cheap and good audio interface. Get a SM57 mic from Shure and you're good to go.
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
      Ableton is simple, you don't need to learn every aspect of the software to start using it, just how to record and play back. Then as you need to learn more do it one thing at a time. I would suggest just getting something like the Line 6 Pro Studio UX1 as a cheap and good audio interface. Get a SM57 mic from Shure and you're good to go.
      Thanks! I came across Rover and downloaded it. Simple to use and my Fender Mustang III amp is recognized. Was able to lay down a guitar track and then over dub another. Fun.

Comment

REAPER is another bit of free software that can do some complex recording that you might want to check out.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          REAPER is another bit of free software that can do some complex recording that you might want to check out.
          Reaper! That's the program I used last night (Not Rover). I like it. Easy to use and figure out. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X