Neeed some honest feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neeed some honest feedback

I finally figured out how to use sound click, and wrote this song the other day. I think only the low-fi version works, at least for me. It's basically a funky rock ballad thing. It's called Lenny because that song kind of inspired me to write this one. I used a crap $5 mike from a kareokee set into the mic inout on my laptop. I uses my stock MIM strat and my peavey studio pro 112. I want to know what I can improve on,how the recording job was, how my tone and technique were.

Lenny:

thanks for listing
    rob
    Last edited by Illini1330; 11-23-2004, 10:05 PM.

Re: Neeed some honest feedback

man for that bad recording setup, it sounds pretty damn good. i love the tone, and the groovy, funky, bluesy playing. id just say fill in those spacy little fillers at the end with some better licks. other than that..... rock on.
    my gear: '80s fender bullet (tele style)
    fender dg20ce acoustic
    peavey blazer 15 watt
    line 6 pod 2.3 and floorboard
    Atomic Reactor 112
    Warmoth double fat strat w/ SD Jb bridge and Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell

Comment

playing sounds nice, i like it. As far as recording goes you need a soundcard that is designed for recording music www.m-audio.com, very good soundcards i won one, works great and also you need some kind of mixer to act as a inbetween you and you compuetr to plug your gear into. I use a Yamaha MG10/2 wich is great little mixer for guitar or for mic hookups.
      J

Comment

thanks for listing

maybe ill give those soundcards a try too. I don't have time to look at the link right now

yea, the endings was cut off because the file was to large to load and i was to lazy to make a new ending.

Comment

Originally posted by clint_41
          man for that bad recording setup, it sounds pretty damn good. i love the tone, and the groovy, funky, bluesy playing. id just say fill in those spacy little fillers at the end with some better licks. other than that..... rock on.
          +1

That was nice! But at the end there was lot of outside playin imho .
          But overall it was good, nice tone indeed.
          Originally posted by Guitarist
          Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
          http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

You're playing is very good, the chord progression is cool, you're tone is pretty amazing for your set-up, although it's hard to tell for sure because your recording is bad.

I don't know if it's the sound card but I'd first blame the mic. A karaoke mic is total crap. Start by buying a better mic, you'll need it anyway. If it's not better, change your soundcard. You're playing skill deserves a lot better. Keep on posting!

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
            Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

Comment

Originally posted by Peterku
              I can't download your clip. Soundclick says it hasn't been cleared yet.
              Try low-fi if you haven't yet.

Comment

Originally posted by StrangeSound
                But at the end there was lot of outside playin imho .
                like at the solo thing or the chord progression with the melodies after?

Comment

Very sweet! You got style.
                  Watch My Videos
                  Photography
                  www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
                  "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

Working...
                  X