pop n slap blisters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pop n slap blisters

ive never been a big pop n slap bassist. i just pretty much got started on learning some real pop n slap stuff but i have a little problem. after a little while of playing ill get a real bad blister on my index finger from popping. ive been switching my pop fingers but im getting blisters on them too.

am i playing wrong or something? if not, will i get some crazy calluces that will prevent blistering and how long will it take to get them?
    The early bird catches the worm and the twelve-year-old prostitute attracts the ambassador.

Re: pop n slap blisters

how far under the string are you digging in? I try to get a little further under than the tip of my fingers. beyond that, just got to work on some callusing. But it sounds like you might be being pretty heavy on the pops too? I've never had that problem. these are just a few guesses though.

Comment

slap is something your body has to adapt to as well man, if you develop blisters, stop until they go away. the healed skin will be much tougher.

this may sound off-the-wall, but in a pinch, nothing beats nose oil. if you feel it starting to hurt early on, rub your nose with the offending fingertip(s). the oils from your nose keep you going for a while.

its technique as well - try and use as less force as possible to get a nice pop sound - you'll last longer that way

tom

Comment

alright cool, thanks guys. i do have a bad habit of rubbing my nose and getting oily fingers, im glad that it helps.
        The early bird catches the worm and the twelve-year-old prostitute attracts the ambassador.

Comment

Working...
        X